MY ZILLA IS EGGBOUND!!!

Jmedrano

SHES CURRENTLY MAKING HER TUNNEL RIGHT NOW!! I CAME HOME TO A REALLY BIG MESS OF SAND BUT OH MY STARS SHES DOING SO GOOD!!

ANY TIPS FOR ANYTHING ??

SHES CURRENTLY MAKING HER TUNNEL RIGHT NOW!! I CAME HOME TO A REALLY BIG MESS OF SAND BUT OH MY STARS SHES DOING SO GOOD!!

ANY TIPS FOR ANYTHING ??
So update it hasn’t been long but should I give her a bath or something after this LOL. poor girl is covered in sand 😫

She’s still digging! I’m not sure if there’s an issue but she’s digging at the corner of her laying bin ? I can see her little mitten claws through the plastic? I hope it’s deep enough for her😩
Ok how long has she been digging? What do you have in her laybin and can she make tunnels in it? Absolutely no baths, that much stress after laying is not good.

Make sure she can’t see you! Cover the lower portion of her enclosure with a sheet...discretely. If she sees you watching, she may stop digging. It’ll take her 1-2 days until she’s done. She’ll have covered her tunnel and be sitting on her basking branch. No showers! Just a good long indirect misting and if you can get some silkworms or hornworms, those will help rehydrate her.

@Jmedrano @MissSkittles has given you good advice.

She may dig a couple of test holes and return to the branches in between but she should settle on one hole and dig it until she is happy with it. She should then turn around butt down in the hole and lay her eggs...likely in the evening. It may take a couple of hours or even overnight for her to finish. She should then fill the hole in and tamp it down and return to the branches hungry, thirsty, dirty, thinner.

While all of the above is going on give her space and peace ...do not disturb her or let her see you.

If it doesn't go like this and she sits low in the cage or sleeps during the day or is lethargic, then post back on here ASAP and get her to a vet to be spayed ASAP.

Ok how long has she been digging? What do you have in her laybin and can she make tunnels in it? Absolutely no baths, that much stress after laying is not good.
image.jpg

well she finished 😭 I feel so terrible. 32 eggs 😭 I lowered her temperature and attempted decreasing her feeding but she’s cranky and I feel bad withholding food so I think this may be my fault. She’s doing just fine, active and basking.

You should feed her well for one or two feedings to build her up after laying the eggs and then cut her back...but don't cut her back all at once...do it over two or three feedings.

32 eggs isn't as bad as it might have been, but 2dozen would be much better...or even less!

You should feed her well for one or two feedings to build her up after laying the eggs and then cut her back...but don't cut her back all at once...do it over two or three feedings.

32 eggs isn't as bad as it might have been, but 2dozen would be much better...or even less!
I totally agree!! And thank you I’ll be watching her very closely. One more thing... how do I dispose of the eggs 😅

View attachment 298231
well she finished 😭 I feel so terrible. 32 eggs 😭 I lowered her temperature and attempted decreasing her feeding but she’s cranky and I feel bad withholding food so I think this may be my fault. She’s doing just fine, active and basking.
Yay! So glad she laid her eggs and is ok. I do everything I can to reduce my girls laying too, but my one recently laid 34 eggs. I wish it was much less, but she went a year without laying any so I’ll take that.

Back
Top Bottom