My young Chameleon isn’t eating!!!!

Cheezeandonion

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I have owned my one month-old Chamaeleon for about two months now. He is from Petsmart, and the name is Nathan. I way all my pets every week to make sure they are healthy and Ethan is only 9 g this week I’m like two weeks ago he weighed 13 g. I am worried for him.
She is not eating or anything he will not drink water. One other problem is that he doesn’t open his eyes. All he does all day is sit and 3 spots and sleeps
He walks with his eyes closed and everything.
When I bought him he was lively and his eyes were open and everything but it’s like he is full and not reponsive anymore.

He is a veiled chameleon (male)
Did weigh 13 grams and now only 9
Have had him for 2 months
From petsmart
Was eating about 10-15 crickets a day dusted in calcium with no vitamin D3
Every other week got calcium with vitamin D3
The weeks he didn’t get the vitiating D3 he got his multivitamin
He has a 60watt/120volt heat light and a uvb ray bulb.
I think he isn’t eating because his eyes are closed but I dont know.
PLEASE HELP MY POOR BOY!!!

Last edited:
Take him to a vet immediately! He looks very, very dehydrated and there's almost no chance that he isn't suffering from a dangerous imbalance of vitamins. He is in critical condition.

Chameleons need Calcium *without* D3 at every feeding, except for when supplementing with Calcium with D3 + Multivitamin twice a month (as in twice total per month).

Read the Veiled Chameleon care sheet and fill out the "how to ask for help" questionnaire, but only after you get a vet appointment scheduled!!

Take him to a vet immediately! He looks very, very dehydrated and there's almost no chance that he isn't suffering from a dangerous imbalance of vitamins. He is in critical condition.

Chameleons need Calcium *without* D3 at every feeding, except for when supplementing with Calcium with D3 + Multivitamin twice a month (as in twice total per month).

Read the Veiled Chameleon care sheet and fill out the "how to ask for help" questionnaire, but only after you get a vet appointment scheduled!!
Thank you

View attachment 216450 View attachment 216451 View attachment 216452 View attachment 216453 View attachment 216454 I have owned my one month old Chamaeleon for about two months now. He is from Petsmart, and the name is Nathan. I way all my pets every week to make sure they are healthy and Ethan is only 9 g this week I’m like two weeks ago he weighed 13 g. I am worried for him.
She is not eating or anything he will not drink water. One other problem is that he doesn’t open his eyes. All he does all day is sit and 3 spots and sleeps
He walks with his eyes closed and everything.
When I bought him he was lively and his eyes were open and everything but it’s like he is full and not reponsive anymore.

He is a veiled chameleon (male)
Did weigh 13 grams and now only 9
Have had him for 2 months
From petsmart
Was eating about 10-15 crickets a day dusted in calcium with no vitamin D3
Every other week got calcium with vitamin D3
The weeks he didn’t get the vitiating D3 he got his multivitamin
He has a 60watt/120volt heat light and a uvb ray bulb.
I think he isn’t eating because his eyes are closed but I dont know.
PLEASE HELP MY POOR BOY!!!

Go to the vet, he/she is dehydrated! Do you gutload? Could you fill out the ask for help form (linked in my signature below). How long do you mist? Read the veiled care sheet in the resources tab, too.

Go to the vet, he/she is dehydrated! Do you gutload? Could you fill out the ask for help form (linked in my signature below). How long do you mist? Read the veiled care sheet in the resources tab, too.
I just took the boy outside (it’s still warm we’re I live) and I got him to drink a lolittlw bit of water, his eyes are much bigger and he has a firmer grip when he walks so I am going to try to get a little more water every now and then to get him healthy again
Also I am going to be gone from him for 2-3 hours so I filled his automatic mister with warm water
So I think he is getting better already!!!!

Back
Top Bottom