My weird chameleon

My Cham does some things I consider strange but today I witnessed a new thing that is worth sharing in my opinion. I was reading on my bed and looked up at Randall, my vision was partally blocked by leaves so I moved to see what she was up to. Then she lifted her back foot and scratched herself like a dog! Wow my Cham is weird! I tried to get it on video but she stopped when she saw the camera. I did get a bad quality picture. Has anyone seen there Cham do this or is Randall special?
image.jpeg

My Cham does some things I consider strange but today I witnessed a new thing that is worth sharing in my opinion. I was reading on my bed and looked up at Randall, my vision was partally blocked by leaves so I moved to see what she was up to. Then she lifted her back foot and scratched herself like a dog! Wow my Cham is weird! I tried to get it on video but she stopped when she saw the camera. I did get a bad quality picture. Has anyone seen there Cham do this or is Randall special? View attachment 163043
Yes they can even poop like a dog with one leg out.I have witnessed so many time on my chams doing the one leg motion,at first I thought my doggie were the bad influence,but from doing more observations,I can say they utilizes one leg like a master of handicapped,so its normal for Randall to scratch.

I just witnessed my veiled do the same thing. Its the second time I've noticed her do it in the last two days. She shed about a week ago. Looked like it was a good shed. I'm concerned. Anything that mighy warrant a vet visit?
1469844757039-1171786380.jpg

My Cham does some things I consider strange but today I witnessed a new thing that is worth sharing in my opinion. I was reading on my bed and looked up at Randall, my vision was partally blocked by leaves so I moved to see what she was up to. Then she lifted her back foot and scratched herself like a dog! Wow my Cham is weird! I tried to get it on video but she stopped when she saw the camera. I did get a bad quality picture. Has anyone seen there Cham do this or is Randall special? View attachment 163043
First off, this pic is too cute. I've never seen my female do this, but it made me laugh. I have seen mine whip her head around and bite pieces of shed off that I can only guess were bugging her. This pic is so cute I love it

I just witnessed my veiled do the same thing. Its the second time I've noticed her do it in the last two days. She shed about a week ago. Looked like it was a good shed. I'm concerned. Anything that mighy warrant a vet visit?View attachment 163276

According to the replies I have it seems scratching is a normal thing. If she was scratching the same spot take a look, if it looks normal it is probably nothing. The worst thing I can imagine for the reson a Cham is itchy is that there if a bit of shed stuck on a leg or something. A warm mist will normally fix that.

I haven't noticed any shed left. She itched on the side facing me yesterday and the other side today. But I will keep an eye out. And thank you everyone! She is cute! Sometimes she gets a little scared of me, but will eat right or of my hand..she also eats the leaves on the ficus tree when she is free roaming..

Back
Top Bottom