My wait is over! My first little guy finally came in!

MantisFTW

Ive been waiting for this moment for MONTHS! Im so happy and excited to looking forward to a long while of cham-keeping. This is my first ever chameleon, a blue bar ambilobe panther. His name is Specs!. :D

He seems healthy to me and lively. I've misted him and he enjoyed it. I haven't seen him eat yet, though. Any advice on getting brand new chams to eat?

Pictures! (sorry I dont know how to make them smaller :( )

Chameleon018.jpg

Chameleon011.jpg
Chameleon009.jpg
Chameleon005.jpg

Thanks everyone! :D

I still would like to know some tips on how to get a new cham to start eating, though. Should I just put a few crickets in his cage and leave them there for a while?

You should put in 10-15 proper sized crickets. He will eat, just needs time to settle in. Congrats!! Eric is a cool guy with awesome chams

Okay, I'll try that. :)

I'm a little bit worried about the size of the crickets I got, though. I don't know if they're too big for him. Exactly how big is too big?

The general rule of thumb is no wider then the gap between the eyes, and no longer than the mouth! Lovely looking little man you have there:)

The pictures are great! Im glad he has finally arrived! Its normal for them to not eat in an unfamiliar enviroment. Im sure tomarrow hell be scarfing them down!

Back
Top Bottom