My Veiled not a fan of Silkworms

Dont give up, just keep trying & be patient and give it some time. it took my guy a while too, not only for silkworms but also waxworms. The size of your cham might also play into this, when they are small bigger prey items might intimidate them some.

If its not used to eating that type of food, it could just take time. Or it could be its just not moving enough to grab his attention. Or, the silkworms could be too big.
You can try putting the silkworm in a feeding cup, if the chameleon is used to cup feeding, it make associate anything in the cup with something good to eat.
You can try coaxing the silkworm to move a bit more.
You can try a small worm.
And you can also just leave a worm there and wait and see. Maybe he just needs time to think about it :) and in the meantime dont give him anything else.

I have to agree w/ you, I have some picky eaters as well. It seems I have to keep their food items mixed up or they get sick of certain things. I got 100 hornworms and at first they loved them, now they are sick of them and I have 30 left that are like baby snakes at this point. I guess I can take them fishing since they are too large. :rolleyes: They are sick of silkworms too. One thing my chams always go nuts for is superworms, these however are only good as a snack.

...I got 100 hornworms and at first they loved them, now they are sick of them and I have 30 left that are like baby snakes at this point. I guess I can take them fishing since they are too large. ....

Maybe let a few turn into moths, see if the chameleon likes those as a treat

When I had Lily, I bought her some silkworms, but she wasn't too keen on them. I had a more favourable respose from Amy, but I can't find any in stock anywhere at the moment! As soon as they are in stock again I will order some more - she's not very interested in any food at the moment, so they might tempt her taste buds!

finally got him to eat 8 today! i just put them one at a time on a spoon and waved them around in front of him; guess it made him feel like he was hunting instead of eating out of a cup. plus those silkworms dont move much.

Back
Top Bottom