My veiled is going to kill me!

My feisty male veiled has done the same behavior - lunging and hissing. He was all show though. I just picked him up like usual. After a couple tries he pretty much gave up the intimidation attempts unless he's having a really bad day. If he's really cranky I give him a couple crickets (by hand) and he realizes I'm not so bad.

Our only consistently aggressive chameleon is a baby flapneck - she's about 3 inches but thinks she's a dinosaur! Her bite doesn't hurt but she can't really get a finger in her little mouth!!

My feisty male veiled has done the same behavior - lunging and hissing. He was all show though. I just picked him up like usual. After a couple tries he pretty much gave up the intimidation attempts unless he's having a really bad day. If he's really cranky I give him a couple crickets (by hand) and he realizes I'm not so bad.

Our only consistently aggressive chameleon is a baby flapneck - she's about 3 inches but thinks she's a dinosaur! Her bite doesn't hurt but she can't really get a finger in her little mouth!!

Ok, i listened to this and tried to take my cham out and your right! It was all just to scare me, when i put my hand near him, he didnt bite it he just pretended to strike it. Now i know that my cham wont eat me alive!

Your chameleon only drinks when you spill a bottle of water in front of it:confused: Taking him out everyday is obviously going to stress him out. Spray down the enclosure a couple times a day and get a dripper. It will drink.

Maybe you missed this? Maybe you just skipped over it? Please, tell my why your animal will only drink if you spill a bottle of water in front of it. As I said, you are just stressing your animal every time you get it out. The reason it wants to bite your hand off. This is not healthy and I suggest if you want a long lived animal you stop.

Maybe you missed this? Maybe you just skipped over it? Please, tell my why your animal will only drink if you spill a bottle of water in front of it. As I said, you are just stressing your animal every time you get it out. The reason it wants to bite your hand off. This is not healthy and I suggest if you want a long lived animal you stop.

I spray him a few times every day, but he does not seem to drink. But when i spill a bottle of water in front of him, he drinks A LOT. Which tells me that he does not get enough water from the spraying

I spray him a few times every day, but he does not seem to drink. But when i spill a bottle of water in front of him, he drinks A LOT. Which tells me that he does not get enough water from the spraying

I wanna see pictures of this man eating cham drinking spilt water:D.

My boy doesn't seem to like his drip very much, which is on 24/7. He comes for the spray bottle, so I watered him (in his cage) that way a few times a week for a while, but he had trouble figuring out where the water was coming from with the spray nozzle. Eric at Chameleons101 reccomended a hair color bottle, they have a narrow tip, and you just melt it a tiny bit to give you the drip rate you want. So now I offer him water from there several times a week. It works well. I'll try to get a picture for you guys.

My Veiled will not drink in front of me at all. His droppings are normal, so I know he is drinking, but I have never seen it. I mist the enclosure 3 times a day, and his drip goes 3-5 hours per day, but I have still never seen him drink.

Back
Top Bottom