My veiled is going to kill me!

DChalo

Hey, my chameleon has never done this before, but today when i tried to take him out, he literally jumped and opened his mouth and loudly hissed. Whenever i take my hand near him, he tries to strike it and im really scared. I need to take my chameleon out once a day to give him his water, he only drinks when i spill a bottle of water in front of him. I dont know what to do! Im afraid he's gonna bite my finger off or give himself a heart attack or something!

Mine will bite me if I try to pick him up. I just took him out to weigh him actually, and he tried really hard to sink those little needle teeth into my hand. It might be better to try some new watering techniques to see if you can get him to drink in his cage. Try dripping water on a group of leaves near him, or spraying them with a stream of water. Or I made a rain dripper poking a lot of holes in a circular container about the size of my hand. My carpet and pygs like that the best to drink from. Get creative because your cham isn't going to get any friendlier!

how long have u had him? Have u tried using a dripper? If that is the only way to get him to drink then you might have to use some gloves. I would not try to stress him too much if he does not want to be handled.

Woo, i got him out with a mit. He opened his mouth, but now i know it was only for warning becasue he didnt bite the glove. Yeah, he drank his water and i put him back

It seems my chameleon is testier some days more than others. He threatens to bite but never does. He did start drinking from a tiny cup attached to the side of his cage after he saw the water rippling. Regarding our pets biting: After I had a surgery a couple years ago (a cage built in my spinal column, big surgery) & morphine didn't diminish the pain much, I'm not that afraid of being bitten anymore. I've been bitten a few times by animals large and small, but so far not by a chameleon. The most painful bite I ever had was from a parrot who's hooked bill sunk through the cuticle of my thumb nail and down to the bone. Felt like an ice pick was hammered through my thumb-nail to the bone!!!! I don't know if I can bring myself to touch another parrot without a thick glove on. It was my fault I was bitten/didn't know how to handle one. I had no idea the damage a parrot can do to flesh and bone (and it was a small parrot)...cringe. I hope in the future I won't be recounting here in the forums: the horrible injury & pain I recieved from my chameleon biting me...One never knows...LOL. Oh well, if he bites I'll forgive him, just like I did my parrot.

Mine always try's to bite and sometimes he actually does. I've been bitten by much larger animals, number 1 is being bitten on my a** by my horse. Bruised for a month. 2nd would be my blue and gold macaw, he just always left me bloody.

I wish there was a way to upload videos from my iphone to YouTube, I took a video of my veiled and he almost ate my iPhone

Horse bites can be really bad!!!!!! Have an aunt bitten on low/butt-thigh area. The bruised area died, and had to be removed. Now there's a scooped out area/scar there.

Hondataeg- download the photobucket app and set up a free account.

OP- find a new way to water your Cham. You are stressing him out!

Hondataeg- download the photobucket app and set up a free account.

OP- find a new way to water your Cham. You are stressing him out!

if he is around a year the bite will probably not even break the skin. i will admit i laughed a little bit reading this. ive got a male that is this aggressive 2. in my experience they generally strike and release. so it will be quick and thats it. ive never had one latch on like a pitbull and chew like my nile monitor will.

Hey, my chameleon has never done this before, but today when i tried to take him out, he literally jumped and opened his mouth and loudly hissed. Whenever i take my hand near him, he tries to strike it and im really scared. I need to take my chameleon out once a day to give him his water, he only drinks when i spill a bottle of water in front of him. I dont know what to do! Im afraid he's gonna bite my finger off or give himself a heart attack or something!

Your chameleon only drinks when you spill a bottle of water in front of it:confused: Taking him out everyday is obviously going to stress him out. Spray down the enclosure a couple times a day and get a dripper. It will drink.

Horse bites can be really bad!!!!!! Have an aunt bitten on low/butt-thigh area. The bruised area died, and had to be removed. Now there's a scooped out area/scar there.

You're telling me, lol. Heck yes they're bad. Wow, that sucks about your aunt though. Sounds like her horse was aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom