my veiled has socks!?!?

Court11512

I dont know much about chameleons or their coloring since i just added a baby veiled to my collection. I know starting with a 4 week old baby probly wasnt the brightest idea but she was super cheap and i had done my research so i figured it was worth a try. I picked the one i have because she was different and had 4 white feet that almost look pinkish there are simular spots on her tail too. Can anybody maybe tell me why this is?
Thanks! :)

Can see a pict of her here i cant attach picts from my phone for some odd reason.
http://m.pinterest.com/pin/390405861418448169/

Is that like a special coloring among chameleons? I mean its cool it realy looks like she is wearing socks haha.

Yeah, the translucent veiled usually sell for more, but be warned, it is a genetic defect. Many breeders try to propagate the gene. Be careful with sun burn on the little paws. I must admit though, that cham is really a unique one.

Okay ill keep the sun burn in mind i take her outside everyday i usualy keep her in the shade more. And yea she is something, she isn't shy at all and the only time she sits still is when she is sleeping. In person her color is a very pretty very Strong aqua blue color

Well i surely didnt ask for negative comments. If you dont have anything positive to say then get off my thread.

Well i surely didnt ask for negative comments. If you dont have anything positive to say then get off my thread.

They've been banned! They were commenting nasty things on a lot of threads and making loads of their own. They appear to be gone now and comments deleted.

There are no known cases of sunburn on a translucent vieled.

its a theory, but so far, I don't think anyone has had any cases supporting that.

she can go in the sun just like any other chameleon.

and the translucent gene isn't necessarily a defect, as it is a gene mutation.

there is nothing wrong with your baby, and you don't need to treat her differently than you would a regular veiled.

and I think shes adorable!

She is adorable!! I love veiled chameleons in general but have a real soft spot for the translucents. Keep the pics coming :)

There are no known cases of sunburn on a translucent vieled.

its a theory, but so far, I don't think anyone has had any cases supporting that.

she can go in the sun just like any other chameleon.

and the translucent gene isn't necessarily a defect, as it is a gene mutation.

there is nothing wrong with your baby, and you don't need to treat her differently than you would a regular veiled.

and I think shes adorable!

Lizard "sun screen" is in the very outer clear layer of the scale, so ya chams with people skin are just as uv protected as the green ones. Now i dont know about these weird scaleless beardies...
\

http://www.dachiu.com/gallery/silk67.jpg

Back
Top Bottom