my veiled chameleons color

Blaine6

ive had my veiled for about 2 months now and i was wondering about his color. he is what i can describe as a light taupe but with green white and light brown banding which is really cool looking almost camouflage. when he gets excited he gets really green and at night when he goes to bed he is really light green with lime green banding. he is super active, has been eating and drinking really well since i got him and seems to love to be held at his own free will. i have him in a 32x18x18" glass enclosure with a screen top but i tipped it upright so he can climb with live plants (non toxic). i already have bought a full screen 24x24x48 going to get him in there real soon. i bought him from petsmart and he was sleeping and green at the time. but since ive owned him hes been this taupe color. really cool though seems unique anyone else have this? ill try to get pics if i can

How old is he?
I was concerned about my veiled because he was grey all the time except for night time.
He was maybe 3 moths at the time. He has since shed a few times and his colors are brighter.
I also put him in a larger enclosure, he is able to climb higher than my head and i think he is much more comfortable.

That actually sounds like he may be too cold, stressed out, or feeling like he needs more to hide in within in his cage.

I'd check your temperatures and stop handling him; he's still a bit young to be showing unique adult colors, and it could be that he's stressed out and is dark as a result.

Pictures would definitely help a lot more, though.

-Jen

Back
Top Bottom