My veiled chameleon

George21802

Hi, I have a veiled chameleon, his name is George and I got him 3 months ago and I am a first-time reptile owner so I am still learning but recently George stop eating and he hasn't shed in over 2 months. He still is very active and is climbing all over his cage and he is not losing weight so I have no idea what is going on I just want him to be healthy and grow up. I look up and the websites said chameleons stop eating a couple of days before shedding and it been over a couple of days it's been 7 days and he has no white spots of shedding but he looks healthy no puffy eyes. I just have no idea what is going so can you please help me. Thank you

Please post some photos of your chameleon.

Hi, I have a veiled chameleon, his name is George and I got him 3 months ago and I am a first-time reptile owner so I am still learning but recently George stop eating and he hasn't shed in over 2 months. He still is very active and is climbing all over his cage and he is not losing weight so I have no idea what is going on I just want him to be healthy and grow up. I look up and the websites said chameleons stop eating a couple of days before shedding and it been over a couple of days it's been 7 days and he has no white spots of shedding but he looks healthy no puffy eyes. I just have no idea what is going so can you please help me. Thank you
20200218_110346.jpg

George is adorable. How long has it been since ate? Has he had a fecal? Parasites, especially cociddia will stop them from eating. At his size he such be eating a ton of food.

Now it's been about 9 days he is starting to shed but on his face not on his body.George look perfectly fine but him not eatting is scaring me a little he goes to the bathroom normal and his buisness like just find to.Also I feed about 8-10 crickets everyday so I give him good amount of food and I spray his cage everyday.

Now it's been about 9 days he is starting to shed but on his face not on his body.George look perfectly fine but him not eatting is scaring me a little he goes to the bathroom normal and his buisness like just find to.Also I feed about 8-10 crickets everyday so I give him good amount of food and I spray his cage everyday.
How is your humidity and lighting? I read something when i got my first veiled that humidity can affect shedding.

That's longer than I'd like to see him going without food....but if he's pooping (brown part) then he has to be eating....so you must be missing it somehow.

Back
Top Bottom