My veiled chameleon won't eat. Help!

Sigurros27

Hello everybody, I just got a new chameleon. He is about 10 moths old and he won't eat I have tried everthing and I have tried to give him space and alone time to eat his worms or crickets. I know that it is normal for a chameleon to not eat when they are moved to a new space or home. But he is just so skinny and is concerns me very much because the other owner was not good with him and did take care of him like they should've. He is just startet to drink a 2 days ago and does move more around the enclosure that he has. I don't take him out often and I try not to stare into the enclosure so much so he can get used to his new home. They way I have been feeding him is that a let the crickets lose in the enclosure and I hope that he'll hunt for them bemuses the other owner said that he did it when she owed him I have also tried to hand feeding him and cup feeding him with worms and crickets but nothing works. He does not look street and he is pretty much a light color most of the time besides when he is basking and when there is to many people around which is rarely. So I hope you can help me and my little guy cute I love him very much. Oh BTW I have had him for 5 days today. I have postet a pic so you can see how skinny he is.
IMG_1692.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description -
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? -
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Take pics of your cage lighting and the entire cage so we can see what your working with. That is an extremely small 10 month old. He is very thin as well. Also you should not handle him at all right now.
What size feeders are you using?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, Male, 10 moths, he has been in my care for 5 days now
Handling - He handel him once a day or every other day but only is he walks to my hand.
Feeding - I feed him Cricket and fox-worms and I gut-load them with greens and cat-food. I try to feed him everyday.
Supplements - I haven't bought any supplements because of covid but I ordered som yesterday.
Watering - I have seen my chameleon drink when I mist the enclosure I use a misting system.
History - The other owner did not take good care of him and he just sheeted.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Its a glass cage
Lighting - I don't know right know but I just bought some new UBV lights T5 5.0
Temperature - Basking spot is 27-30 celsius and the rest of the cage is about 22-24 celsius.
Humidity - I don't use living plant but I want to buy some soon, he just have a fake one and a lort of tree.
Placement - he is the highest spot in my room and is area my bed.
Location -Denmark

Take pics of your cage lighting and the entire cage so we can see what your working with. That is an extremely small 10 month old. He is very thin as well. Also you should not handle him at all right now.
What size feeders are you using?
I use small crickets and small worms that are not bigger than the distance between his eyes.

He doesn't appear to have places to hide in and could stress him out. You also want to limit the amount you hold him especially since you just got him and he is still adjusting.

Veileds are also known for munching on plants. Do you notice any bites taken out of his fake plants?

He doesn't appear to have places to hide in and could stress him out. You also want to limit the amount you hold him especially since you just got him and he is still adjusting.
i will limit the handling form now on thank you, and I will try buy some liven plants for him to hide and snack on. :))

His dish at the bottom of the cage is for feeding, correct? Looks like a bowl, but it could be a rock or something. I'm also seeing substrate. You want to remove that. They do not need any and can accidentally ingest it when eating a feeder if one gets to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom