My Veiled Cham Outdoor enclosure

foxngn

Hey all,

Here I'll shared my first male veiled chameleon(not quite sure how many months though, just known is a juvie)with it's outdoor enclosure.
Using a exo terra 45cm×45cmx90cm cage, here doesn't have so much choices of cage to choose from.

Not yet perfect, i still have to gather more woods for it, just not sure how to hang the horizontal branch as i running a screen cage, don't want to tear a large hole on it.
I got another umbrella plant, which currently I'm still quarantine to see if there's any aphids or mealy bug before i put it in. I want to placed my existing monstera plant within, but it was covered with wood chip. If there isn't any feeders bug on the wood chip , i supposed they wouldn't mistakenly eat the wood chip?

I did setup a dripper, as of now i do spray the cage abt 3 - 4 times a day but will be reduce to 2 times per day when i back to office to work.
Already ordered a small misting system awaiting for its delivery.

So far it's main diet is abt 3 -5 dubia daily, occasionally will provide a few mealworm as snack. I know that mealworm is not recommended, so far doesn't seems got any issue. Touch wood**
I just got a calcium+d3 to be dusted on the dubia once per week.

20220517-165600.jpg

20220514-093813-01.jpg

Try dragon ledges, or diy i used old aluminum window screen frame 3 stainless steel washers and 1\2 inch flex pipe :) IMG_20220503_155148_hdr.jpg

Try dragon ledges, or diy i used old aluminum window screen frame 3 stainless steel washers and 1\2 inch flex pipe :)

Your enclosure and cham looks great !

Unfortunately i don't think my place have any store selling dragon ledges.
I got no choice but goes for DIY.

I did thought of using those 0.04 inches of mesh wire and hang it, just not sure how sturdy it would be though.

Your enclosure and cham looks great !

Unfortunately i don't think my place have any store selling dragon ledges.
I got no choice but goes for DIY.

I did thought of using those 0.04 inches of mesh wire and hang it, just not sure how sturdy it would be though.
Here are a couple of pix of how my diy looks. 1652804700118-75569211.jpg 1652804553080-184199109.jpg 1\2 inch cpvc and stainless steel nuts worked great 👍

Looks good enough !

I wonder if i get some magnet to attached 2 steel, does it sturdy enough
Mines sturdy. I don't know if magnets would slide if to much weight put on it. It's all trial and error let me know how it works.

Curious…how did you secure the pipe and nuts to the aluminum screen frame? I used 6 x 1 pan head Phillips head screws, just used nuts as a washer. 6 x 3\4 to attach aluminum strip to screen frame :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom