My Veiled cham and eating...

Cham Crazy

hey. I have a veiled chameleon who is about 1 year and 3 months old. Anyway lately he has been refusing to eat crickets and will only eat a butterworm every few days. I provide him with superworms, butterworms, and waxworms in his cup daily but he wont eat much. He also drops a feces every few days. I was wondering if this was normal for his age or if he may have a parasite/sickness?

I am a newbie with the chams but from all the research I've done and all the post I have read this seems normal. As babies and juvies they eat alot but as they get older they eat less and some people feed every other day. They can move bowels everyday or sometimes just once a week. I am pretty sure the wax worms are high in fat and you should limit their intake. I read somewhere also that 4-8 adult crickets or equivalent size feeder, so sounds to me like he is doing good! But I am a newbie so please wait for more educated responses.;)

I am a newbie with the chams but from all the research I've done and all the post I have read this seems normal. As babies and juvies they eat alot but as they get older they eat less and some people feed every other day. They can move bowels everyday or sometimes just once a week. I am pretty sure the wax worms are high in fat and you should limit their intake. I read somewhere also that 4-8 adult crickets or equivalent size feeder, so sounds to me like he is doing good! But I am a newbie so please wait for more educated responses.;)

Thanks for the help. I limit the waxworms but i cant seem to get him to eat or drink much but ive heard that at times veiled chameleons will not eat for periods of time.

--1.0 Veiled Chameleon

Back
Top Bottom