My veild chameleon laid eggs

"Incubation at moderate temperatures provided the best conditions for both embryonic and post-hatching development. The highest incubation temperatures were disruptive to development; eggs had high mortality, developmental rate was low, and hatchlings grew slowly. Changes in temperature during incubation increased the among-clutch variance in incubation length relative to that of constant temperature treatments."...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18512704/

"Incubation temperatures over 30°C tend to produce low hatch rates and/or very weak hatchlings (De Vosjoli and Ferguson"...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/08FebLong.html

"Colder-incubated eggs exhibited a longer incubation period, but produced larger faster-growing hatchlings. Incubation treatment also affected a chameleon's activity level and its unique foraging tactics. Cold-incubated animals were more sedentary, caught prey faster, and extended their tongues farther to reach prey than did their warm-incubated counterparts"...
https://experts.umn.edu/en/publicat...city-in-an-unusual-animal-the-effects-of-incu

Last edited:
Kinyonga (y) Just some of the tricks of the trade.
I would never think of heating upward, (my bad, the sun is in the sky) silly thinking.
That is what thinking out of the box creates.
Nice!!!!
I would love to be a fly on the wall with all these research projects.. Thanks

Watched the video late- lol Should have started with that.. ha ha Great job!

MOLD! ----I did have mold start creeping to good eggs, but was able to clean off before any damage was done.
Good reason to keep them apart too.

Thanks for video- you should have done it 20 years ago with my Bearded pygmy eggs--- They all hatched but the lesson would have been great.

Last edited:
you said... Just some of the tricks of the trade.
I would never think of heating upward, (my bad, the sun is in the sky) silly thinking.
That is what thinking out of the box creates.
Nice!!!!
I would love to be a fly on the wall with all these research projects.. Thanks"...what do we ever do that makes complete sense when it come to chameleons??!! In the ground, I expect the heat is more even and the eggs don't really know where the sun is 'cause it's dark in the hole. Doing it the way I did worked for e dry egg I tried it with so I didn't change it. I hatched lots of species of eggs that way too..so that also made feel it was ok. I did raise the egg containers up with the wood and screen form for a reason though...I originally sat the egg containers right on the heating pad.

You said..."Watched the video late- lol Should have started with that.. ha ha Great job!"...glad you liked it.

You said..."MOLD! ----I did have mold start creeping to good eggs, but was able to clean off before any damage was done.
Good reason to keep them apart too."...if they are kept apart they hatch more separately and IMHO that's not a bad thing.

You said..."Thanks for video- you should have done it 20 years ago with my Bearded pygmy eggs--- They all hatched but the lesson would have been great."...there's always something we wished we'd known sooner!

@Jairo1234 sorry for hijacking your thread for a bit....but maybe it helped!

Back
Top Bottom