My veild chameleon laid eggs

You said..."Ohh sorry to hear that yeah once I was cleaning them the sand was on there hard but got it off"... I don't clean the eggs off. The sand sitting on the eggs has never caused any problems with the eggs...but maybe the sand I use is different than what others use.

You said..."Ohh sorry to hear that yeah once I was cleaning them the sand was on there hard but got it off"... I don't clean the eggs off. The sand sitting on the eggs has never caused any problems with the eggs...but maybe the sand I use is different than what others use.
yeah I tried to clean it off from all of them but capsule not so juts let it in some it did clean nicely

There have been various studies done on different incubation temperatures of veiled eggs and temperature affects the outcome for sure.

I always incubated them at 74F and had a perfect hatch rate and survival rate. That being said, the temperatures fluctuated a couple of degrees off and on because my "incubator" wasn't closed in but open to the air. My "incubator consisted of a human heating pad that would remain on constantly over which a frame of wood and screen was placed to keep the containers above the pad...not on it. The containers were shoe box sized Tupperware type containers half filled with barely moist coarse trained vermiculite. I put a frame of cardboard around it to keep the light out and set it up in the basement.
I hatched veileds, panthers, deremensis, green water dragon eggs, tortoise eggs, gecko eggs, etc, etc using this "incubator.
Nice does mine look correct

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 57
TIME DELAY-- the post was from my loss being in the sand.

Kinyonga has way more experience with eggs, and the human heat pad set-up is a great idea (tested first for a short period of time before adding eggs into the picture, which I am sure was done 1st) .ha ha

My experience is they turn dark yellow and start to shrink or develop mold. 12 months ago I had my 1st time dealing with egg mold, but found this produce. I know it's weird but people breeding reptiles had a video on it and swore it worked perfect.

It worked for me and had 66 eggs hatch after a rough start.
Amazon purchase for about 7 bucks.

There might be a reptile formula with labeling but I know this worked.

Attachments

• PXL_20210115_000632592.jpg
    PXL_20210115_000632592.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 50
TIME DELAY-- the post was from my loss being in the sand.

Kinyonga has way more experience with eggs, and the human heat pad set-up is a great idea (tested first for a short period of time before adding eggs into the picture, which I am sure was done 1st) .ha ha

My experience is they turn dark yellow and start to shrink or develop mold. 12 months ago I had my 1st time dealing with egg mold, but found this produce. I know it's weird but people breeding reptiles had a video on it and swore it worked perfect.

It worked for me and had 66 eggs hatch after a rough start.
Amazon purchase for about 7 bucks.

There might be a reptile formula with labeling but I know this worked.
Oh ok thanks

The quicker this is discussed the sooner your setup will be perfect. Better today and "geter done". ha ha

@redhorse said..."I have never heard anyone adding heat pad to the bottom of a container like that. So not sure where your getting your advice from. I am sure someone has done it but I would not recommend"...I confess....I've done it for many many years. :)

Then @redhorse said...Kinyonga has way more experience with eggs, and the human heat pad set-up is a great idea (tested first for a short period of time before adding eggs into the pic"...make up your mind! :) Mine is made up! :)

@redhorse said..."I have never heard anyone adding heat pad to the bottom of a container like that. So not sure where your getting your advice from. I am sure someone has done it but I would not recommend"...I confess....I've done it for many many years. :)

Then @redhorse said...Kinyonga has way more experience with eggs, and the human heat pad set-up is a great idea (tested first for a short period of time before adding eggs into the pic"...make up your mind! :) Mine is made up! :)
lol yeah I am taking @kinyonga word because you had more experience does my container look ok ?

Attachments

• 851C3C4F-D1D9-436D-8DD8-88B334340429.jpeg
    851C3C4F-D1D9-436D-8DD8-88B334340429.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom