My Upstairs Living Room

Synapse

Here are some pix of my upstairs living room and the creatures that inhabit it. I was doing maintenance on the tanks and decided to take some pictures out of boredom.

p1030194.jpg

p1030196qi.jpg

p1030192f.jpg

My Pelusios Castaneus chasing Reptomin sticks.
He loses his mind during feeding time.
p1030230a.jpg

Here's Tron. He is a Northern Diamondback terrapin with concentric markings. He is also very happy during feeding time.

pc180053.jpg

Here is SnooP, my Reeve's turtle patiently waiting for food and staring the camera down.
p1030246k.jpg

Here is Guccimang, my Red Eared Slider. He is a color morph with aqua-colored eyes and yellow body.

p1030302r.jpg

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love it when people integrate a really nice put together room with tanks or enclosures!
What are you going to do when that slider grows?

Loved the pics! I absolutely LOVE turtles :) I have 3 RES, used to have more, and a Pearl River Map Turtle, but I currently sold it, just have to ship it out. post more pics!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love it when people integrate a really nice put together room with tanks or enclosures!
What are you going to do when that slider grows?

Thanks. :D

My RES is at 3 inches shell carapace length so he'll be able to live another year or so (hopefully) in the 46 bowfront tank. Due to his long tail and claws, I suspect he is a male and will not grow to the size that female RES's do. I am currently working on an indoor pond project so I will be able to house my bigger species indoors. He is happy in his 46 gallon bowfront though at the moment. I make sure all my turtles have roughly 10 gallons of swimming space per inch of shell carapace length.

Loved the pics! I absolutely LOVE turtles :) I have 3 RES, used to have more, and a Pearl River Map Turtle, but I currently sold it, just have to ship it out. post more pics!

I love the Pearl river maps and the shape of their shells, but I do not like the shyness that comes with most map turtles. My map turtle is the shyest of all my turtles but I suspect it was because his past owner neglected to take care of him properly. I took him in from a friend who did not want him anymore and was able to help it recover from some minor scute damage. He has been a little fraidy cat since I got him but he looks much more healthy now that I have him on a proper diet.

wow tron is sooo cute!! :D i have never seen such a cute turtle! i love your set ups, i wish i had a living room like that :rolleyes:

beautiful collection

yea im a fellow turtle lover myself i have a red earedslider a common snapper and an alligatorsnapper. i would love a huge aquarium for a decent size alli snapper, maybe like a 30 pounder or so. right now my little guy hasnt grown much he has about a 9 inch shell, nice big head tho! sorry dont hav any pics of the others yet, kids like to ruin cameras by careless "accidents"

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice snappers! They look very healthy. :D

The best is when they try to look fierce with their mouths open and all you can do is laugh.

Nice cham too. What locale is it? I'm thinking about getting an Ambanja or Red-Barred Ambilobe. My current ambilobe is a Blue-barred ambilobe.

Thanks. :D

My RES is at 3 inches shell carapace length so he'll be able to live another year or so (hopefully) in the 46 bowfront tank. Due to his long tail and claws, I suspect he is a male and will not grow to the size that female RES's do. I am currently working on an indoor pond project so I will be able to house my bigger species indoors. He is happy in his 46 gallon bowfront though at the moment. I make sure all my turtles have roughly 10 gallons of swimming space per inch of shell carapace length.

First wanted to say I'm soooo jealous lol awesome set up all the turtles look amazing including the cute little fox, you should post some pictures of the ponf that would be so cool! :)

Back
Top Bottom