My Upgraded Chameleon Enclosure, how did I Do? Anything I need to fix?

I know I need to mist, thanks for the help. I’ll set my fogger on a timer right away. And I’m going to head over to Home Depot tomorrow, and get loads more plants along with finding some sticks outside, although they are hard to come by in my yard lol. (EDIT: getting my chameleon cage to that temperature shouldn’t be to hard and is manageable.)

finding some sticks outside, although they are hard to come by in my yard
I have no trees in my yard. :( I scavenge whenever my neighbors cut down or trim one of their oak trees. I’ve also scavenged from downed trees I’ve found in wooded areas on the roadside. Just avoid pine and other sappy trees and wash whatever you do find and rinse well.

I’m going to head over to Home Depot tomorrow, and get loads more plants along with finding some sticks outside, although they are hard to come by in my yard lol.
As long as you're going to be there anyway... I picked up several of these—vinyl-covered steel garden stakes—in 4', 6', & 8' lengths. Cuttable with a hacksaw, pliers, other cutters. Cutting one leaves exposed steel core, but a dollop of GE #1 and some time to cure and you're good to go. They've got just enough 'texture' to make for a good mitten grip.

1636087942579.png

GP sleeps on one. :)

I know I need to mist, thanks for the help. I’ll set my fogger on a timer right away. And I’m going to head over to Home Depot tomorrow, and get loads more plants along with finding some sticks outside, although they are hard to come by in my yard lol. (EDIT: getting my chameleon cage to that temperature shouldn’t be to hard and is manageable.)
Wonderful. Natural sticks are the best thing to use over ANYTHING else. They need what they grip to be correct. This way they do not end up with issues with their feet. Wood will also help with their nails not becoming crazy sharp.

In the beginning I used wooden dowels from Lowe’s because I didn’t have time to go looking for sticks. They work well but I’ve since replaced them all with natural ones that I scavenged from a forest edge. I think they’re better for Cham feet.

And one more question, headed over to Home Depot and picked out this plant, anyone know if it’s safe? It’s called Spearpoint Ivy

Attachments

• 046E7955-42D6-4B22-84C8-03C83D88ED2F.jpeg
    046E7955-42D6-4B22-84C8-03C83D88ED2F.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 99
I can only find that it’s toxic to dogs, cats & other similar animals. It’s not on any reptile or chameleon safe lists that I can find, so while it’s a beautiful plant, I wouldn’t use it.

EDIT: this is how the enclosure looks now that I went to Home Depot, I made sure to have background cover a centerpiece a pop of color and some trailing plants,

Attachments

• C9000CB4-5F36-400B-8DD0-16BDB9166FD2.jpeg
    C9000CB4-5F36-400B-8DD0-16BDB9166FD2.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom