My tongueless boy!

trd1215

Been awhile since i posted something. Still deciding whether to keep him or let him go.
une9atem.jpg
ave2ebar.jpg
ybe5asa3.jpg
gyruhu5y.jpg

He's such a good looking guy. I'd have a hard time parting with him. I kept looking at your post in the classified section for him. :) He looks like such a sweetheart.

You can definitely see the Clint line in him. He is smokin! Too bad about the tongue but if he has learned to eat without it, should not be an issue. If I did not have so much Clint blood in my lines already I would have picked him up a while ago.

You should keep him! He is way to handsome and too sweet to let go. With his handicap, I'd be afraid to trust anyone else with him.

May I ask why you would let him go for having no tongue? He can still breed, you said he is gentle such that your 2 year old can hold him. What could you get that would be better?

I agree with most, if he can learn to eat on his own without it, then I don't see why you shouldn't keep such a gorgeous Cham.

I don't think he's considering selling him b/c of the tongue. I think he was part of a clutch that he raised to sell, and he's having a hard time letting him go. I can totally see why. :D

I don't have any problem with his tongue issue. He was a hold back along with Gator Jr. that i was planning on selling one of them in the long run. I decided to let go of tongueless just cause of cutting down on chameleons. The problem now is trusting someone who will really take care of him like Jann said.

Wow! He's beautiful! If I had some extra money right now, I would be tempted to buy him. I can see why you would have trouble parting with him.

Does he ever try to eat on his own? One of mine lost his tongue and he tong feeds well, and tries to eat on his own, but has a hard time grabbing them from a good position. He usually ends up dropping bugs when he tries to get them in a good position to slide down his throat.

Wow! He's beautiful! If I had some extra money right now, I would be tempted to buy him. I can see why you would have trouble parting with him.

Does he ever try to eat on his own? One of mine lost his tongue and he tong feeds well, and tries to eat on his own, but has a hard time grabbing them from a good position. He usually ends up dropping bugs when he tries to get them in a good position to slide down his throat.

Thank you... Oh nice didnt know anyone else with a tongueless here. How old is he? He does try to eat on his own but never gets a good grip of the food. I hand feed him from the sides of his mouth or from the front but it has to go in at least halfway to get a good grip if not he would drop them.

Great looking Cham! I'd love to pick him up but not sure if the wife would be up for it, she does the feeding half the time. Hmm, we'll have to talk about it.

Thank you... Oh nice didnt know anyone else with a tongueless here. How old is he? He does try to eat on his own but never gets a good grip of the food. I hand feed him from the sides of his mouth or from the front but it has to go in at least halfway to get a good grip if not he would drop them.

That sounds like what I end up doing for mine. Mine is a veiled and getting close to 5 1/2 years old. How does yours drink? Mine tries to, but he doesnt get very much off leaves and mostly uses a dripper with a hose. I also attach a soft plastic catheter to a syringe and he likes to drink from that every few days or so.

That sounds like what I end up doing for mine. Mine is a veiled and getting close to 5 1/2 years old. How does yours drink? Mine tries to, but he doesnt get very much off leaves and mostly uses a dripper with a hose. I also attach a soft plastic catheter to a syringe and he likes to drink from that every few days or so.

Wow that's a lot of time hand feeding :). Its also hard for him to drink, but when he starts trying to lick away i spray water into his mouth.

I stalked your boy on the classifieds too... My two favorite cham things- hand feeding and usingm a syringe for water. Love the hands on care!

Wow that's a lot of time hand feeding :). Its also hard for him to drink, but when he starts trying to lick away i spray water into his mouth.

Well, he only lost his about 6 months ago (I think?) due to an infection that got really bad really fast. He ended up swallowing his tongue and I couldn't get it out by myself. By the time the vet was in, it was too badly damaged to save. The only good thing that came from the whole ordeal is that he is much less aggressive and sometimes even seeks me out now.

Back
Top Bottom