My time to vent...

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
O.K., yes, I am gonna be that guy...

Without naming names, because I have used this company many times with no issues and I understand that things happen, I need to get this off my chest.

If I order feeders and pay for Fed Ex expedited shipping, send the feeders with expedited shipping. Simple, right? Now, the feeders I ordered last Friday with 2-day shipping were sent out Wednesday. No worries, they will be here Friday, right? Well, I check the tracking to see, and they won't be here until Monday. :eek::mad::unsure:

Turns out they were shipped USPS accidentally...

They will all be dead by then and now I have to find (hopefully) some feeders locally to have something for my boy to eat.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Get off work at 2pm, stay at shop till 4pm for fedex overnight delivery of silkies with heat pack. See fedex just drive by and boom get alert "business not open". Sit at terminal till 8pm for last call. have to explain to fedex its "live food" and will be dead by dawn...

Get off work at 2pm, stay at shop till 4pm for fedex overnight delivery of silkies with heat pack. See fedex just drive by and boom get alert "business not open". Sit at terminal till 8pm for last call. have to explain to fedex its "live food" and will be dead by dawn...

Yup, I hear that... No guarantees even when we plan everything out the best we can. Even more treacherous sending live animals...

Without naming names, because I have used this company many times with no issues and I understand that things happen, I need to get this off my chest.

If I order feeders and pay for Fed Ex expedited shipping, send the feeders with expedited shipping. Simple, right? Now, the feeders I ordered last Friday with 2-day shipping were sent out Wednesday. No worries, they will be here Friday, right? Well, I check the tracking to see, and they won't be here until Monday. :eek::mad::unsure:

They will all be dead by then and now I have to find (hopefully) some feeders locally to have something for my boy to eat.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I’d like to believe I know who you’re talking about I had the same issue with shipping except mine was FedEx priority overnight and I still had that and ordered on the Sunday and they weren’t sent out till Wednesday and I got them today of course crickets always die in shipping but I’m glad a majority survived as they are my main feeder since not everyone appreciates roaches which is sad for me

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
There are (as I see it) 3 parts to this debacle.
  1. If you specified and paid for ABC shipping and they sent it XYZ and the feeders arrive dead, they owe you a replacement order shipped via the ABC you paid for, or a refund.
  2. If they shipped it ABC and the shipper was late, that's not on either of you, but it's a reality of shipping these days.
  3. Maybe you should have ordered sooner than last minute?
I just ordered some feeders too, but I order when I still have a couple weeks supply, cuz I know this kind of stuff happens, and has happened.

Hope you find some locally to tide you over. Plans A, B, and C.

There are (as I see it) 3 parts to this debacle.
  1. If you specified and paid for ABC shipping and they sent it XYZ and the feeders arrive dead, they owe you a replacement order shipped via the ABC you paid for, or a refund.
  2. If they shipped it ABC and the shipper was late, that's not on either of you, but it's a reality of shipping these days.
  3. Maybe you should have ordered sooner than last minute?
I just ordered some feeders too, but I order when I still have a couple weeks supply, cuz I know this kind of stuff happens, and has happened.

Hope you find some locally to tide you over. Plans A, B, and C.

They offered to refund shipping. Not helping me get feeders though. As for Plan C, it is a timing thing. I have to time orders so I don’t have them sitting around too long. Hornworms grow too big an crickets are generally ordered right before I run out. Makes cleaning easier. My boy doesn’t like roaches, supers, or other options. Silks are difficult to get and I haven’t had luck keeping them alive in the past few years. He enjoys flys, but I don’t have any…

Again, just needed to vent.

They offered to refund shipping. Not helping me get feeders though. As for Plan C, it is a timing thing. I have to time orders so I don’t have them sitting around too long. Hornworms grow too big an crickets are generally ordered right before I run out. Makes cleaning easier. My boy doesn’t like roaches, supers, or other options. Silks are difficult to get and I haven’t had luck keeping them alive in the past few years. He enjoys flys, but I don’t have any…

Regardless of whether ordering them at the last minute or well in advance of need, we expect to get our orders timely, especially when we pay extra for expedited shipping and delivery.
I hope you’ll be able to find a good local source for some crickets. 🤞
Yes, even our beloved moderators are allowed to vent. They are also allowed to share pics of their handsome chameleons (ahem ahem) which they haven’t done in a very long time. 😁

BT-DT. IDT I've ever related 'The Great UVB Debacle' here. By now it's ancient enough history that we can laugh about it, but I think the lesson learned still applies (to me, anyway).... Never order a UVB bulb from a big-box store. :cautious:

Might as well hop on the train too LOL . Waiting on some true 1/2 crickets crickets & an order of silks, spikes , & bsf 🙄. Everything shouldve been here days ago and just realized the package was delivered to the postal service but took them almost 3 days for "acceptance" ? Anyways says everything won't be here until the 4th so I'm sure I'll have a bunch of cooked bugs by the time they get here . The south gets HOT🔥

Had something similar happen. I ordered a half-year supply of med. dubias for my beardie (before I got the cham). They didn't arrive, so I shot the vendor an email, and placed another order with another vendor.

Within 3 days, I received the original order, the order from the other vendor, and a full replacement order from the original vendor, so for over a year I had dubias out the wazoo.

1648843785166.png

Sucks... I ordered spikes and roaches from a seller I have ordered from many times. Needed to add a heat pack because they were being shipped to the arctic. They put the dang heat pack right against the spikes... All spikes boiled and dead goo on arrival. :banghead:
I had exact same happen! You could see the hot steam. They offer to replace. But I need them now and dont want to pay for FedEx again!

I had exact same happen! You could see the hot steam. They offer to replace. But I need them now and dont want to pay for FedEx again!
It was the nastiest thing I have ever seen :sick:

Funny thing is that this company uses boxes that have holes in them for winter as well as summer... Now I just do not get how this is helpful to keep heat in or cold in depending on if you need a heat pack or cold pack. But it is the only place I have found the spikes for sale. So it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom