My thoughts on Chameleon passing

DanSB

Avid Member
I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this would be an appropriate place.

One thing all of us who keep and love animals, especially chameleons all have in common is that we will one day say good bye to our friends when the inevitable cycle of life claims them to move on.

Many can, have, and will think I am bit on the nuts side but I am okay with that because like all other crazy people I think I am right and I wanted to share my perspectives on the subject in the hope that it will lend solace and perspective to any of us who would agree.

It is my belief animals have souls, or whatever it is that lends a unique spark of life. I can’t really define it and there aren’t a lot of words for it but to say it is a spirit consciousness behind the body would be accurate. I believe this based on interpretations of animal behavior and deeply meditating on my animals to determine their natures.

It is also my belief that this spirit does not perish with the body of the animals and in fact remains with us or returns to where that animal spirit found the most joy. Some here are likely completely surrounded by critter spirits as it is their goal in life to bring their animals joy and their animals know this.
There will come a time where a spirit will have an opportunity to return, and it may return to you, return to the wild, or go elsewhere depending upon the goals of that little spirit.

It is very sad when your chameleon dies. It is still sadness, there was still a loss, a body was lost and will be missed. But perhaps there should be solace in knowing the spirit does not die and in fact will incarnate back to you one day if that spirit was truly loved by you.

If you don’t believe me think back to your most cherished pets that you have loved as a child. Now look at the ones you have now. You will likely begin to notice some of them seem very similar in their personalities. Eerie similar in the way their eyes move, in the way their bodies move, in their attitudes. Anyone who has been around as many animals as me knows there is a uniqueness to each animal and these similarities can’t be so easily dismissed. I firmly believe these similarities are because they are the same animal spirit.

It is a whole lot more complicated than life and death, beginning and end and I wouldn’t mind elaborating further if anyone is interested but I will not engage a theological debate.

My Sarah dog died 6 years ago and I firmly believe lives on through my chevy dog :) its as if she never left.. :) thank u for your thoughts

Well, if that is true, then I have my first chameleon back again in the form of Monty, my young Jackson. I miss al my chameleons that have passed on so much. It's lovely to think that if they were truly happy with me, then they will return.

My Sarah dog died 6 years ago and I firmly believe lives on through my chevy dog :) its as if she never left.. :) thank u for your thoughts

I sincerely believe that more than a few animals of mine have come back. You can catch it in a flash of the eyes, in a weird mannerism, in the way they beg... there seems to be something distinct and you just kinda know.

Well, if that is true, then I have my first chameleon back again in the form of Monty, my young Jackson. I miss al my chameleons that have passed on so much. It's lovely to think that if they were truly happy with me, then they will return.

They might not ALL come back but would bet a few of your favorites would. Why is it that one animal is a favorite over another? I know I know they are all loved the same... but there always seems to be one or two that for no particular reason you just like more than the rest. Those are the ones that always come back to see you again.

Anyway this is just what I think from my observations. I think each person can observe and decide for themselves. I would bet you'll see something you weren't expecting when you look for it though.

I do believe their life energy continues on. If I didn't believe it, it would be extremely difficult to carry on after losing a pet. I lost a really cool chameleon-one of my favorites. I'm very sad about it.

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this would be an appropriate place.

One thing all of us who keep and love animals, especially chameleons all have in common is that we will one day say good bye to our friends when the inevitable cycle of life claims them to move on.

Many can, have, and will think I am bit on the nuts side but I am okay with that because like all other crazy people I think I am right and I wanted to share my perspectives on the subject in the hope that it will lend solace and perspective to any of us who would agree.

It is my belief animals have souls, or whatever it is that lends a unique spark of life. I can’t really define it and there aren’t a lot of words for it but to say it is a spirit consciousness behind the body would be accurate. I believe this based on interpretations of animal behavior and deeply meditating on my animals to determine their natures.

It is also my belief that this spirit does not perish with the body of the animals and in fact remains with us or returns to where that animal spirit found the most joy. Some here are likely completely surrounded by critter spirits as it is their goal in life to bring their animals joy and their animals know this.
There will come a time where a spirit will have an opportunity to return, and it may return to you, return to the wild, or go elsewhere depending upon the goals of that little spirit.

It is very sad when your chameleon dies. It is still sadness, there was still a loss, a body was lost and will be missed. But perhaps there should be solace in knowing the spirit does not die and in fact will incarnate back to you one day if that spirit was truly loved by you.

If you don’t believe me think back to your most cherished pets that you have loved as a child. Now look at the ones you have now. You will likely begin to notice some of them seem very similar in their personalities. Eerie similar in the way their eyes move, in the way their bodies move, in their attitudes. Anyone who has been around as many animals as me knows there is a uniqueness to each animal and these similarities can’t be so easily dismissed. I firmly believe these similarities are because they are the same animal spirit.

It is a whole lot more complicated than life and death, beginning and end and I wouldn’t mind elaborating further if anyone is interested but I will not engage a theological debate.

I'm comforted by this timely post you wrote. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom