My Solarmeter came in!!!

Clayton0520

Avid Member
Hey everybody my solarmeter came in today!!! I’m so excited to use it. Just wish my new fixtures would come in so I can test them lol. 353FAA75-65BF-45BC-AB3A-68267803F3F3.jpeg BF6B2DBE-6C2C-490E-99EC-6923062034CA.jpeg

If you have a compact laying around try it under screen you will be shocked! :) It is a pretty cool little device and takes the guessing out of the equation when it comes to what levels you are actually achieving throughout the cage.

I wish I did but I currently do not have anything to test it with. I’m dying to use it and see the difference between screen and not. A posts on here is what actually got me to go ahead and buy. People were talking about how surprised they where with the readings. If I’m gonna give my further chameleon a great home I gotta know the UVB levels lol.

You see the biggest difference in the first few inches below the screen. When I tested mine 3 inches below screen it was hitting a 3 UVI and then when I tested 3 inches without the screen it was a 9.5 UVI! This was with a 12% arcadia UVB bulb in a quad lighting system.

Oh WOW!!! That’s crazy!! That’s what I have ordered is a 48” T5 Arcadia 12%
Yeah it was pretty nuts to me too. I had a 6% bulb too that I tested in the same fixture. I was getting like a 1 UVI at the 3 inch drop and then a 7 or 8 at the 3 inch without screen. I tested the compact and about died. The only uvb was directly below the bulb and the cham would literally need to be on the screen to get any UVI. It was barely reading a 1 at like 1 inch down. REALLY bad.

These forums are AMAZING for simple info like that!!! There’s no where else on the web that you can get REAL ACURATE info like you can here.

Back
Top Bottom