My sleeping angels

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Beman all tucked in. My sweet little love ❤

IMG_5539.jpg

Bane sleeping sweetly at the front of the enclosure. The last few weeks this has been his preferred sleeping area rather then tucked into the back corner behind all the plants. So nice to be able to see him in is pj's more often now. ?

IMG_5536.jpg

Sweet Bentley all tucked in... But I have figured out that if he is sleeping with his translucent eye facing the camera that the flash actually wakes him up. So sleeping pics will have to be done more carefully. He fell right back to sleep but I felt bad for disturbing him with the flash ?

IMG_5540.jpg

Mushu tucks himself all the way behind his pothos, or just sleeps inside of it. Never where I can see him. Lol.

I love how Bane is sleeping standing up. ?

Mushu tucks himself all the way behind his pothos, or just sleeps inside of it. Never where I can see him. Lol.

I love how Bane is sleeping standing up. ?
That is what Bane always did. Either in the pothos or all tucked up behind the pot and vines in the back top corner. So I literally had no way to see him lol.
It is funny because he is always the first one to totally pass out when the lights go off. Bentley takes a good 30 minutes and he will move around a bit in the dark. Beman usually falls asleep pretty quickly and I notice that he too sleeps perched up like Bane on the nights that he falls asleep quicker.

They look great.
Thank you! They are all actually doing really well. It shocks the hell out of me sometimes... Like I stare at them in their enclosures and think to myself how the hell how have I managed not to kill them. This hobby was so intimidating to me in the beginning and still sometimes it rocks my brain trying to figure out different aspects. But I must have figured out something because all three seem to be really thriving. LOL but I overthink things so maybe that is part of it. How are your sweet babies doing?

Thank you! They are all actually doing really well. It shocks the hell out of me sometimes... Like I stare at them in their enclosures and think to myself how the hell how have I managed not to kill them. This hobby was so intimidating to me in the beginning and still sometimes it rocks my brain trying to figure out different aspects. But I must have figured out something because all three seem to be really thriving. LOL buy I overthink things so maybe that is part of it. How are your sweet babies doing?

Yea you jumped right in the deep end. I started with easier stuff. I had actually avoided any thing that needed special lighting, I think from bad experiences in the 80s before the tech was there. I am glad I finally jumped in. I probably go overboard, but that is part of the fun.

I am not surprised you a doing well.
I don't know you personally, but you posts and picks show attention to detail, and research, as you tend to explain why things are. Is you work detail oriented ?

Yea you jumped right in the deep end. I started with easier stuff. I had actually avoided any thing that needed special lighting, I think from bad experiences in the 80s before the tech was there. I am glad I finally jumped in. I probably go overboard, but that is part of the fun.

I am not surprised you a doing well.
I don't know you personally, but you posts and picks show attention to detail, and research, as you tend to explain why things are. Is you work detail oriented ?
Yeah my job is detail oriented. Social media marketing, graphic design, and some website work. With a bit of cross platform branding.

It is funny because I really believe if I knew what I was actually getting into prior to bringing Beman home that I would not have gotten him. I only new a fraction of what was needed. And I have always HATED bugs. But here I am with superworms, BSFL, BBFL, hornworms, dubia, crickets, and silkworms :hilarious:
I still am shocked that I understand what I do within this hobby. But I was terrified when I started that I would kill Beman so all I did was read, read, and read some more lol.

Beman was my very first reptile I had ever owned. So it was quite different compared to the rats, hamsters, ferrets, dogs, cats, lovebirds, and other mammals I had experience with. So I really dived head first into the deep end.

Yeah my job is detail oriented. Social media marketing, graphic design, and some website work. With a bit of cross platform branding.

It is funny because I really believe if I knew what I was actually getting into prior to bringing Beman home that I would not have gotten him. I only new a fraction of what was needed. And I have always HATED bugs. But here I am with superworms, BSFL, BBFL, hornworms, dubia, crickets, and silkworms :hilarious:
I still am shocked that I understand what I do within this hobby. But I was terrified when I started that I would kill Beman so all I did was read, read, and read some more lol.

Beman was my very first reptile I had ever owned. So it was quite different compared to the rats, hamsters, ferrets, dogs, cats, lovebirds, and other mammals I had experience with. So I really dived head first into the deep end.

Some how I thought you did something like that. I am a programmer so I over think as well. It is funny about the bugs because I see more Cham owners that hate bugs. I sell my extras locally, I was thinking of offering them in one feeding tubes. Just dump and go no touching.

If you also knew how much you would love it the price wouldn't matter. It brings us joy.

Some how I thought you did something like that. I am a programmer so I over think as well. It is funny about the bugs because I see more Cham owners that hate bugs. I sell my extras locally, I was thinking of offering them in one feeding tubes. Just dump and go no touching.

If you also knew how much you would love it the price wouldn't matter. It brings us joy.
I have finally come to terms with the bugs thank god. In the beginning it was hard... Now I just reach in and grab them although a full grown roach makes me scream like a child.

I never minded spending a fortune on them... granted I could probably buy my daughter a nice used car with what I have spent. They are worth every penny. And I love that they have as natural of an environment as I can provide them.

I have finally come to terms with the bugs thank god. In the beginning it was hard... Now I just reach in and grab them although a full grown roach makes me scream like a child.

I never minded spending a fortune on them... granted I could probably buy my daughter a nice used car with what I have spent. They are worth every penny. And I love that they have as natural of an environment as I can provide them.
Ain't love grand???
Can't remember where you got Bentley and Bane.

Came home from running errands to Beman shedding... Does anyone know if they shed as they lose weight or is it only when they gain weight? Because supposedly he has not gained anything lol But now he is doing a full head shed and looks to be moving down his back. :banghead: So either my scale is broken or they do shed when they drop grams.

IMG_5543.jpg

Hmmm I wonder the same. Carly hasn't shed since before halloween!
When they are growing as they start maturing the sheds come less frequently and in pieces... Since Beman is my oldest and on a diet I wonder about the shedding because I don't hear too much about it.

Back
Top Bottom