MY SIDECHICKS ARE HATCHING!

Have to wait basically until six months old because of their plumage and the roosters not really having much of a comb, basically you have to wait until they start laying eggs or crowing, which is around 6 months.

Getting fluffy!
20190809_152124.jpg

Well with reading I've done, it looks like Spazz is a rooster and Sloth is a Hen. Spazz is definitely a bearded white silkie and has what appears to be the start of a comb or wattle on his beak already, in addition to having beefier legs and feet. Sloth is a non bearded cream or white silkie and most likely female, no noticeable fleshy bits around the beak and slimmer feet and legs. From what reading I've done, it's a good indicator for sex even though they are young, should start to see and easily verify gender as they grow!

How do you know they weren't getting enough vitamin E?
I have a lot to learn about chickens!
My friend just got 6 Rhode Island Reds to keep for the eggs.

I've always wanted to touch a silkie to see what they feel like!
If you are in Calgary ever, let me know, you can come meet mine! They are adorable soft balls of fluff right now, even on their feet!
20190809_183210.jpg

Omg I'm going to cry these are so cute!!! I cant wait to have a house with a yard that I can start raising my own chickens. Maybe I'll just sneak a scoop in the corner of my uncles back yard. It's a big yard... he wont notice... right?!

@Beman I know you're in the middle of moving still but you have to look at this!!!

Weighed them again today, Spazz is now 29 grams and Sloth, the meal worm hog, is 30 grams. Good thing I'm breeding them, along with supers!

lol have u ever had someone ask if they were unhealthy when their pop gets stuck to their but feathers

Back
Top Bottom