my setup!

The Set up is nice, but I am going to mirror a couple of things that have already been mentioned.

Remove the night light. The purple light is VERY visible to Chameleons. They see in a different spectrum than we do and that 'color', or portion of the spectrum, is very visible to him. He is likely not sleeping well.

If you need heat, use a ceramic heat emitter. That being said, 55-60 degrees is not going to be an issue at night.

Shower curtains or something on the sides of the cage will help your humidity and not be an issue for airflow. If you cover the top 75% of the sides, leave the bottom open, and the top and front open, you will get plenty of ventilation while helping with humidity.

Be careful with the excessive water, You will be better off with times of 70% humidity versus 80% if it helps to ensure you do not run into respiratory issues.

You have a beautiful animal and set up, Just consider some of the advice you have been given.

Bobby

thank you so much I have reduced water flow to 3 mins every three hours and am going to drill more holes into base to make sure puddles are no more! im going to for sure swap to heat emitter asap and is there any way to elaborate more on the shower curtain?

Back
Top Bottom