My set up

grandcarrera

What you think about my set up

291617cd.jpg

e4f9976e.jpg

7e9748f5.jpg

r u using substrat and the light should not be in the middle of the cage it should be on the side u want your chameleon get sum shade too cool down

Agreed with shooby. I think your basking light should be directed to one side more and also you should not have anything inthe bottom of the cage your cham could intentionally or accidentally injest. There was just a girl on here a few days ago who had substrate in the bottom like you and her cham shot at a cricket and got a stick caught in its throat. The cham ended up dying. Not sure if that was the exact cause of death, but I am sure it did not help.

heat light. UVB should be across the entire cage. There is not much heat emitted from the UVB. Overall, your cage looks very nice!!!

The cage looks good except for the subtrate at the bottom, like Vegas said. Little chameleons might not be the best hunters yet and you don't want A, any of that stuff to get swallowed by them by accident, and B, the crickets to hide under it and for your little guy to not get all the food he needs. A bare bottom is the best (but not as attractive, I know.)

And it is a good idea to have the basking spot towards one side, so they can have the option of being up high but not in all the heat. It might even be a good idea to create some shade up in the higher part of the cage, like Vegas also said. If you have any more of that leafy vine you can make a little clumpy loop on the side away from the light so he can be cool and away from all the light.

But I like everything else, it looks like a very comfy cage for your little one. A little live plant or two would do wonders for humidity if you find that you have problems keeping it up.

Thank you guy for every comment but i'm afraid now cos i saw him eat that thing before but i don't know i hope nothing happened to him

just keep a close eye on him and make sure you see him pooping. Sometimes if a chameleon injests something like that it can cause an impaction and can interfere with him going to the bathroom. I am sure he will be ok.

just keep a close eye on him and make sure you see him pooping. Sometimes if a chameleon injests something like that it can cause an impaction and can interfere with him going to the bathroom. I am sure he will be ok.

oh yeah he just pooping but he yawn a lot tho i don't know that is normal or not

New set up

My new set up

I change thing inside a little bit

5f3ec8bf.jpg

d6768cfa.jpg

What you guy think ???

Oh and today i go buy cricket at pet smart and they sell me 11 cent for 1 cricket. :eek::eek::eek:

You need a digital thermometer-the kind with a probe. The analog theremometers are junk. Put the probe on his basking spot and measure the temp.

Back
Top Bottom