My Rudis Cham Just Had 13 Babies!!

iggyandkolleen

What should i be doing i already switched them.... what else is needed this is my first clutch. i need to kno more thing! please help me :)

go to the section in forums of breeding in this site and start reading it will guide you since it has alot of helpful threads. good luck:)

Well, the research should have been done in advance, with preparation complete and you waiting for the birth, but nonetheless, here are some articles for you to study.

A Hatchling's First Weeks by our own member, Lynda Horgan

Experiences in Raising Baby Chameleons By Franco Gagliardi

The ever important: Feeding Baby Chameleons by John W. Lucas

Some people you might think about searching out and talking to in person would be: Steven Deckers, Amaruuk (from rockymountainrudis), Leah/Jason Descamps, "Canadian Traitor" Trace :)p if you read this). All would most likely be a good source of care, and I beleive all have experience in both breeding and raising Rudis/Sternfeldi.

Don't forget that momma needs attention too! Something that is probably forgotten in many live baring species when the care taker goes to focus on the babies.

i just got this chameleon i had no idea she was pregnant i have only had her for about 2 weeks if not less... and 14 babies is alot thats more than average. i did do research on it but i didnt acually think that she was pregnant..

Congratulations! I would love to have some babies, and am attempting to cultivate a lay of 25 bearded dragon eggs! I hope i have some hatch!!! Good luck on your babies! All the best!!!

I wish you well with them, but at the very least any one looking to keep females of any live baring species, must know the possibilities. Eitherway, Ive posted some resources and contacts for you, hope you utilise them.

13 babies is within the norm, just make sure mamma gets attention to afterwards. Any photos to share with us?

wow...in my opion u got lucky cuz thats is some good experience u will get after it is all over and u have your new 14 chameleons all grown up...

this is the bigger sister of the girl who posted this.. the chameleons have been seperated in pairs in different 20 gallon tanks, i have not looked at the links yet but i do thank you for the help.. i have them in my bedroom, i am keeping the humidity up and they've all got ficus plants, and potthos.. any other advice or info/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Carey

ps to the person with bearded dragon eggs, GOOD LUCK!!! I have 4 bearded dragons myself! :] I love them so much!

Congratulations! I would love to have some babies, and am attempting to cultivate a lay of 25 bearded dragon eggs! I hope i have some hatch!!! Good luck on your babies! All the best!!!

If some of you guys are interested in BD babies and are in the vancouver bc canada area... give me a shout out and if/when they hatch we can work out something for some new homes!!! ( i cant keep 25 babies up to adulthood :p )

-Marc

Back
Top Bottom