My pygmy ambanja panther

reptimom

Avid Member
I know I have had threads before about my male ambanja panther, Mateo, and how small he is. Yesterday, I decided to take a picture of Mateo and my panther Atticus side by side so you can get an idea of how small he really is. Mateo is now 10 months old and looks to be about 5 months. His body is only the length on my index finger, but his colors are very striking! I would love to mate him with my ambanja female, Nebula, but he so small that I think she would eat him whole. I have seen her eat anoles whole, and he ain't much bigger than that!!

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 300
Thats interesting, what would cause that? He is very good looking, yet so small. Some sort of dwarfisum...:confused:

-Jay

can't help it if atticus is just a beast. i mean Dang.. my 8 month is about a litter more then half his size. i hope he beefs up to be = size.

mateo is quiet the puzzler. his size is kinda boggling in the aspect of can there be adults that small?

whats the weight of both of them?

In the photo shown, while from a distance, the little guy looks as an Ambilobe, not an Ambanja. Can you post more of a close-up ? Thanks.

In the photo shown, while from a distance, the little guy looks as an Ambilobe, not an Ambanja. Can you post more of a close-up ? Thanks.

Jim, I tried to download a close up picture - but it would not download. I will try again. He came from Mike at FLchams- Sire (Brantley - purple bar ambanja)! You can see Brantley's picture in a previous post New ambanja panther is here.

Here are two pictures of Mateo - one showing purple bars and one with light blue bars!

Attachments

• IMG_0232_1.jpg
    IMG_0232_1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 153
I think that they suffice as close-ups ! While I do not know if there is any one animal out there that would match everyone's expectation of this Locale or that, he certainly falls under tha Ambanja umbrella well enough. If anything is a little bit uncharacteristic, its the red along the dorsal spine in the forward part of the body. Red-pink-rose etc along the dorsal spine is more a tendency of Ambilobe than any other Locale, and while nothing is ever set in stone, is one of the strong trademarks of those animals more central to Ambilobe . No one characteristic makes a Locale though, rather the sum of all parts :)

As for size, I think he is just a late-bloomer. Sometimes a change of cage, or a move to outdoors once the weather permits, and slow-growers finally sprout ! Thanks.

I would love to mate him with my ambanja female, Nebula, but he so small that I think she would eat him whole. I have seen her eat anoles whole, and he ain't much bigger than that!!

Make her wear reading glasses....maybe he will look bigger to her. :D

He is pretty, do you think he might get a growth spurt?

BTW....I have his younger Sister. And from the looks of it she is larger than he is.

Attachments

• DSC_4056a.jpg
    DSC_4056a.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 120
I know I have had threads before about my male ambanja panther, Mateo, and how small he is. Yesterday, I decided to take a picture of Mateo and my panther Atticus side by side so you can get an idea of how small he really is. Mateo is now 10 months old and looks to be about 5 months. His body is only the length on my index finger, but his colors are very striking! I would love to mate him with my ambanja female, Nebula, but he so small that I think she would eat him whole. I have seen her eat anoles whole, and he ain't much bigger than that!!

bahahahh! he's so cute!~ ive never seen this before :) lol, he's just a little guy, does he have little guy syndrome??? ;)

If I owned Mateo I would want him to stay small. That is really cool, I only have Ambilobe's or I would off to trade you. If you ever want to get rid of Mateo let me know, I think he is precious.:)

Wow that would be awesome to see his genetic code next to one of his siblings, that definately looks like some sort of dwarfism. If he turns out to not have n e major problems and you decided to mate him i would say find a mature small female if you want to try and make a dwarf or pygmy ambanja

Back
Top Bottom