My pregnant females

also could someone give me details of the behavior and appearance of the female gravid Jackson when shes ready to give birth

the behaviour is different with each female some will stop eating in the weak before the litter other just ceep eating most of the time they dont move a lot the last month and bask a lot , if you now your cham you will notice a different attidute , now the vitamins i never spray i only give it in powder form ,pregnant females litle bit more calcium

i personally wouldn't recommend spraying anything but water directly to your Chams skin. When i purchased my first cham from a pet store i was wrongly advised to buy a spay vit which ended up getting in her eyes and hurting her in the long run. Not saying that your vet is wrong, or that a spray vit cant be used successfully, But with other products out there such as reptaid, liquid calcium, or even over dusting i feel would be a better choice if this situation should come up again. ( unfortunately not that i really think any of which would have saved you girls)
I would also be more worried about your new chams getting sufficient calcium, NOT a multi vit. I would get yourself on a set healthy dusting schedule assuming your new chams will be healthy, but because of your past experience with the breeder i'd maybe get yourself some reptaid just as an extra boost. With a good dusting schedule of calcium, calcium w/ d3, and multi vit they should be getting everything they need. Unless you see a pre-existent problem such as mbd or the tongue issue for example you shouldn't need any type of liquid calcium. Other issues might need to be addressed such as your enclosure, lighting, gutloading, and so on, But all that you can find out right on the forum.
Hope this helps out a little bit. Im very sorry for your loss and i have my fingers crossed that your new chams will be happy and healthy on arrival

The 1000 dollar question is: Did they ever actually send you the replacements that were promised? If so Did they look any better than the original pair of females? I'm wondering if they are actually trying to improve their name in the hobby. Please give us some updates.......

i personally wouldn't recommend spraying anything but water directly to your Chams skin. When i purchased my first cham from a pet store i was wrongly advised to buy a spay vit which ended up getting in her eyes and hurting her in the long run. Not saying that your vet is wrong, or that a spray vit cant be used successfully, But with other products out there such as reptaid, liquid calcium, or even over dusting i feel would be a better choice if this situation should come up again. ( unfortunately not that i really think any of which would have saved you girls)
I would also be more worried about your new chams getting sufficient calcium, NOT a multi vit. I would get yourself on a set healthy dusting schedule assuming your new chams will be healthy, but because of your past experience with the breeder i'd maybe get yourself some reptaid just as an extra boost. With a good dusting schedule of calcium, calcium w/ d3, and multi vit they should be getting everything they need. Unless you see a pre-existent problem such as mbd or the tongue issue for example you shouldn't need any type of liquid calcium. Other issues might need to be addressed such as your enclosure, lighting, gutloading, and so on, But all that you can find out right on the forum.
Hope this helps out a little bit. Im very sorry for your loss and i have my fingers crossed that your new chams will be happy and healthy on arrival
You mean dusting the food correct? not on the cham its self

The 1000 dollar question is: Did they ever actually send you the replacements that were promised? If so Did they look any better than the original pair of females? I'm wondering if they are actually trying to improve their name in the hobby. Please give us some updates.......

They were suppose to be shipped last night, but today i couldn't get anyone to respond to my emails. SO i made a different email and replied to a new add the posted, then he answered. finally got someone on the phone and he said the ones he was gonna ship arent in any shape to be shipped(so atleast hes not sending me sick ones) then he said he would send me them no later than Thursday. it has took much hassling to get cooperation form them.

thanks for the update.....HOPEFULLY you will get a replacement soon! Definitely let us know how it turns out! Good luck!

Is he getting more animals in? I just dont see him being able to rehab them that quickly and be able to ship in the same week. Im not saying that Im an expert but I know it takes chams more than a few days to rehab and bounce back enuff to be shipped out. We are not talking about a cpl of beardeds or a ball python here. I hope my fears are unfounded but that just doesnt sound good.

no hes waiting to send them to there healthy, i just dont want him to keep telling me there not ready because i could see him ripping me off. he got more in and he is saying hes hydrating them.. i just want some healthy chams like i was promised :(

I think at this point from what I have read, I would ask for a refund, and call it day with these people!!! Although, I suppose it will be like pulling teeth to get your money back! Good luck with everything!!!!

I think at this point from what I have read, I would ask for a refund, and call it day with these people!!! Although, I suppose it will be like pulling teeth to get your money back! Good luck with everything!!!!

This is what he said when i told him i wanted a refund
Hello,
We were not in because of the Holidays. You did not give us proper time to even resolve this complaint. According to our terms of service and here is the link http://www.theveiledchameleon.com/chameleons-information/chameleons-shipping-rates . We do not offer refunds but will fully replace your order free of charge.

But i would think he would rather give me a refund then to get reported.

Back
Top Bottom