My precious Beman in the sun

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
I love how the sun perks up my boy so much. We sat outside for a good 30 minutes. With everything going on I had not taken him out of his cage in over a week. So it was very calming for us both to just sit in the sun and soak up the rays. He still insists that I am a better tree than the chair so this means I end up wearing long sleeves to keep my arm from getting pierced by his nails. :rolleyes:

7-19-19_2.JPG

7-19-19_3.JPG

7-19-19_1.JPG

He looks like he's having a blast!!! My little guy Nelson just want to climb up and sit on top of my cap when we go outside lol
He wants to be at the highest part of his tree. :p As long as Beman has my arm he is just super chill. When I put him anywhere else he just tries to get back to my arm. But dang long sleeves in the sun is hot lol.

Love love love! Man does he look like he's having a great time. We just came back Inside; it's mild here this morning so we got to stay out way longer than normal. I'm going to be extra sad this year when winter comes.

He looks like he's having a blast!!! My little guy Nelson just want to climb up and sit on top of my cap when we go outside lol
Don’t worry larry loves mine and the hubbys head but I don’t think Larry likes the new shade of purple on my head

Attachments

• 92718977-E999-4AEB-A148-D0CA15E855B1.jpeg
    92718977-E999-4AEB-A148-D0CA15E855B1.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 360FF47F-0347-4CA1-A057-6796201FB11F.jpeg
    360FF47F-0347-4CA1-A057-6796201FB11F.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 131
Fun in the sun thread !!! So glad you and Beman can get some sun bathing in today @Beman hes so big ! Also killer stash @Clayton0520
I think it is misleading with my arm... I am pretty petite. Only 5ft4in. 128lbs. So he looks so big when he is on me. He is actually a little guy only 15 inches long and 126 grams. But yes we really enjoyed being all zen in the sun.

I think it is misleading with my arm... I am pretty petite. Only 5ft4in. 128lbs. So he looks so big when he is on me. He is actually a little guy only 15 inches long and 126 grams. But yes we really enjoyed being all zen in the sun.
Good point , Im 6'4 so I feel like my guy assumes I'm an apex predator or some big ape coming at him for a multicolored snack , I wish he saw me as a really huge tree to bask on. But I feel ya on the long sleeves I think it gives my little dude a sense of security being able to grip something and not just scratch for leverage when he wants to move around. And boy oh boy when he wants to move he moves. Trying to associate sun and worms with handling.

Side note I'm not sure my panthers length he's not keen to handling or even photos so I haven't measured him but I think he was either 113 or 130 grams at the last vet visit two weeks ago

Good point , Im 6'4 so I feel like my guy assumes I'm an apex predator or some big ape coming at him for a multicolored snack , I wish he saw me as a really huge tree to bask on. But I feel ya on the long sleeves I think it gives my little dude a sense of security being able to grip something and not just scratch for leverage when he wants to move around. And boy oh boy when he wants to move he moves. Trying to associate sun and worms with handling.
Yeah your reallyyyyyyy tall! I think when we reinforce that it is a positive experience they understand that and learn to trust us IMO. So your doing awesome! He is really a beautiful cham! It still shocks me how fast they can move when they want to.

Yeah your reallyyyyyyy tall! I think when we reinforce that it is a positive experience they understand that and learn to trust us IMO. So your doing awesome! He is really a beautiful cham! It still shocks me how fast they can move when they want to.
Thanks I feel like I waited a little too long to start handling and he's pretty fussy about it now. But is generally peaceful when I have to intrude into his enclosure. worms seem to be the great pacifier if he does take offense to my presence. His colors have come so far from when I first got him. The warm California sun has definitely helped

Photo from February
IMG_20190213_160923.jpg

Thanks I feel like I waited a little too long to start handling and he's pretty fussy about it now. But is generally peaceful when I have to intrude into his enclosure. worms seem to be the great pacifier if he does take offense to my presence. His colors have come so far from when I first got him. The warm California sun has definitely helped

Photo from FebruaryView attachment 240264
Wow he has become quite the beautiful boy! Never to late to start working on trust. I think they know. But I feel all animals have the ability to trust. Or maybe I am just a sappy female :hilarious:

Wow he has become quite the beautiful boy! Never to late to start working on trust. I think they know. But I feel all animals have the ability to trust. Or maybe I am just a sappy female :hilarious:
Im on the fence on the reptile brain being tuned in on the peace love happiness wavelength that my hippy mindset normally finds itself in. I hope he will learn I mean no harm and pay his part of the utilities and am the one bringing in the feeders. I know he's never going to be a sit on the couch and hang out with type of pet but it would be so nice to just have him trust me enough to take him outside and enjoy some sun together. Maybe I'll play some Beach boys or some surf rock and get him in the summer mood so he'll want to go bask outside.

Back
Top Bottom