My precious Acuminatus babies!

dartfrog

Hi everyone, I had a lovely surprise last Friday to find that one of my Rhampholeon Acuminatus clutches had hatched found a little baby walking on top of the Flexi . I had 3 clutches which I decided to leave in situ it was the clutch that was buried the deepest. All 4 eggs had hatched but one baby was still on the substrate barely alive, then the third baby I found half way up the viv had already died I was heartbroken!! was fearing the worst for no 4 but after an hour of searching he was alive & kicking I was so happy! Sadly no2 died later on. The other 2 are doing great Ive put them in a converted goldfish bowl with fine mesh on top. They measured 28mm when they hatched theyre so cute They are now 10days old here are a few pics hope you like. Heatherxxx

Attachments

• acominatus babies 001.jpg
    acominatus babies 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 523
  • acominatus babies 002.jpg
    acominatus babies 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 483
  • acominatus babies 003.jpg
    acominatus babies 003.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 490
  • acominatus babies 006.jpg
    acominatus babies 006.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 459
  • acominatus babies 004.jpg
    acominatus babies 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 459
Congrats on your new babies. I'm sorry to hear that they didn't all make it but the two that you have are certainly adorable.

Thanks James Im over the moon with them. Its so scary trying to find them thou! Would love you to have a couple James if youre planning a holiday to the UK!;) Dont think I will be parting with these 2 as they are too precious but hopefully if the other clutches hatch will probably have to part with some. Ive tried to make their viv a minature version of the adults viv think theyre happy!:) Heatherxxx

Thanks Jannb
It was so sad I spent all day wishing them back to life as they just looked like they were sleeping, but sadly it wasnt to be. They looked really healthy so dont know why they didnt make it. Heatherxxx

Thanks Tiff, they truly are adorable,:) its really cheered me up as Ive been feeling a bit low lately. Heatherxxx

Thanks so much Cain:) still cant believe I have them theyre so adorable. Hopefully if all goes well the 2nd clutch should hatch in a couple of weeks:)Heatherxxx

Heather what is not to like? Those babies are adorable. It is sad to lose them at birth and then we never know why, very frustrating. Enjoy those 2 and share them with us so we can watch them grow. They will lift your spirits daily.:D:D

Hi Tom, do you think they look OK? They are stressing me out big time Ive never reared anything so tiny before. I think they are doing well Ive watched them both eat they are both very active. Can i ask how much you supplement your babies also do you use any UV Im not at the moment as Im trying to keep the temps down. I dont know anyone else who has been so successful as yourself with them so any tips would be great! Thanks as well Laurie for your kind words will be sure to keep you updated on their progress. Heatherxxx

Go babies! :D What cute little fellows.
I know what you mean about the ones that don't make it, my heart broke for each of the dwarfs that didn't make it from my last clutch. The ones that did are my pride and joy now so more than worth it in the end. Best advice is definitely to make sure the heat stays down as it can give them a knock when they are so small. Best of luck!

Thanks Jono & seeco Im lucky with the branches, as Ive an old Elderberry tree in my garden which is covered with the lichen, it does very well in the vivs with the cool temps & high humidity. Sorry to here you lost some babies as well Jono were they your Damaranum babies? They are a beautiful species! Heatherxxx

I use a UVB lamp 2.0 or 5.0 for bigger enclosures. I only use calcium and mineralls for Rhampholeon species.
I have send you a pm, so you can contact me in the future by email it is quicker than on the forum.

Best regards,
Tom

Back
Top Bottom