My plant is dying

Hytgh5

Hey guys! So for a while now I’ve had this umbrella plant at the bottom of the cage but recently all the leaves have been falling off and I feel like it dying. I’m not very experienced with plants so if anyone can give me some tips on how to keep them growing and healthy that would be awesome! It was super full and healthy when I got it but I think it was a steady decrease since then. Thanks!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also my guy just started shedding! At least I think
image.jpg

I also got a pothos and this one which I forgot the name of. I think the pothos is doing okay but the other it was looking great and i thought it was going to bloom but I’m not sure anymore..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is the soil dry or sopping wet?
How much light is it currently getting? From the looks of it doesn't seem like light is the problem tho but I better ask anyways

Hey guys! So for a while now I’ve had this umbrella plant at the bottom of the cage but recently all the leaves have been falling off and I feel like it dying. I’m not very experienced with plants so if anyone can give me some tips on how to keep them growing and healthy that would be awesome! It was super full and healthy when I got it but I think it was a steady decrease since then. Thanks! View attachment 231154View attachment 231155
Also my guy just started shedding! At least I think View attachment 231156
I also got a pothos and this one which I forgot the name of. I think the pothos is doing okay but the other it was looking great and i thought it was going to bloom but I’m not sure anymore..
View attachment 231157View attachment 231158View attachment 231159

This is why people go bioactive. Plants in pots die over time in enclosures. Usually you need to increase the size of the pot so the roots can grow. When a plants roots hit the rim of the pot and have no where to go the plant dies. Sometimes trimming helps discourage root growth. It's almost, ALMOST unavoidable problem though. (This isn't to say some people dont have luck with plants staying alive, just that often they die.)

Needs a media that dries quickly and like previously stated, trim the roots. If you do it bonsai style it will work out. but that is an art learned. It takes time. Get it elevated off the bottom so it can drain or the roots will rot. Learned the hard way. I also have 3 now, to rotate out.

Thank you guys, reading this makes me realize that it’s probably lack of light and not being able to drain properly. I reported it when I bought it so I know it’s not the roots. What’s the best/better bulbs for plants

Thank you guys, reading this makes me realize that it’s probably lack of light and not being able to drain properly. I reported it when I bought it so I know it’s not the roots. What’s the best/better bulbs for plants
Anything with spikes in the red and blue range, you can get pretty cheap bulbs or a nicer setup. I used to use a twin t5 with a daylight warm and a daylight cool bulbs and it worked great. Something like an aquarium hood

Jungle dawn led. You can get them on Amazon or through light your reptiles.

It actually looks like overwatering to me. It the leaves turn yellow(not dried), and fall off, that’s a good sign of over watering. It’s an easy fix, just transplant into a larger container with better draining soil. More light is also a good suggestion. My ficus tends to steal all the light at the “canopy level”, and my pothos and umbrella plants suffer without heavy pruning.

Back
Top Bottom