my parsonii...pics...

franklin

this is my two calumma parsonii parsonii....
they are whit me from september.
i had buy them for "orange eyes" but i'm not sure of morph.
I don't know the sex...what are your opinions?

this is the small one,now it is +/- 30 gramms

this is big one,is +/- 75 gramms.
in this photo is brown,for flash,but realy is orange.

I think the smaller one is a male and the larger one is a male. I am going off of rostral size and eye coloration. I think they are orange eye parsonii.

-chris

Hi!
Out of curiosity, where did you get your Parsonii from? Love to own one some day. How easy are babies to obtain from a reputable breeder?

Christine

i'm in italy
in europe you can find it relative easy.
but the 99.9%of it are from farm....on cites or mine there is write"cb in eurpe " but i can't sure of it...
occasionaly there is some hatching:for example this year in italy are hatch 6 parsonii....this is very rare event.

Last edited:
i'm in italy
in europe you can find it relative easy.
but the 99.9%of it are from farm....on cites or mine there is write"cb in eurpe " but i can't sure of it...
occasionaly there is some hatching:for example this year in italy are hatch 6 parsonii....this is very rare event.

do you know how much you paid in US dollars?

@450 Euro I will take a few....

nice animals (my favorite chameleons.....the reason I got into chameleons....)

Who produced and or sold these animals???

Franklin,

To be honest, I do not think based on those photos you can definitively tell either the sex or morph of your animals yet. Do you have additional photographs of the two animals you can send me?

In my experience, the first indication of sex in orange-eyed parsonii occurs when males start to show eye turret coloration that is different from the coloration of the rest of the head. I do not see this clearly in either animal yet but I would say it is possibly shown in the small animal, not the larger one. Also, the size and shape of the rostral protuberances is not reliable at this age. I have seen animals with rostrals that you would think would indicate a male end up being female and animals this size with no rostrals end up being male. To be honest, the rostrals on the larger animal are more female-like in my opinion but like I said, I do not believe this is a reliable way to sex them.

Perhaps if you post more photos of each animal we can get a better sense of the eye turret coloration but based on the size and eye turret coloration, if I had to guess now, I believe your larger animal is a female and the smaller animal is possibly a male.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom