My Panthers First Clutch

TroubleSome976

so 'im curious.... i have three hatch lings with a fourth hatching. so i'm wondering how long will it take on average for the rest to hatch??? i'm not trying to expect all twenty to survive, even though it would be nice.... whatever info that can be provided..... thank you all in advance for all info that you have for me...

Congrats! If you provide the correct set up, lighting and feeders they should all survive. If you don't remove the babies as soon as they hatch they run around and wake up all the other babies and should hatch in a day or two. If you remove them it could take weeks. BTW don't leave the babies in for more than a day or two. By the second day they start to eat. Have plenty of fruit flies. :)

Thank you Jannb... yea, so how long can i expect the rest of the clutch to take to hatch? i have been corresponding with another member who's clutch began to hatch on the same day as ours and they're progressing on the same timeline. The only difference is that her eggs were born halfway through the month and mine were born two weeks later.

It's hard to say, they could all hatch within the same 3-5 days or it could be weeks before the last guy is out of the egg. In my clutch I had nearly all the eggs hatch within a 5 day window, and then one single baby who took an extra 2 weeks to come out.

I know it's not very scientific but it is what it is. I think letting the hatchlings walk around their unhatched siblings and leaving the empty egg shells in the container seems to help, as it probably stimulates a mass hatching, but you still may have a few stragglers.

My last month of Simon babies (around 30 eggs) hatched slowly over a months time. every two to three days another baby or two would come out.... Took a whole month from the first egg to the last egg

That seems to be more common with panther eggs. All my veiled eggs hatch the same day. Also panther babies take a bit after they hatch to move around where as veiled babies seem to be super active from the start.

I would love to purchase one of your panther chameleons... How much would you be willing to sell a male for?

Back
Top Bottom