My new wc mellers

skyedog

Established Member
This is my first post on here in a long time. I lost my father in May and it took a while to start getting back in the swing of things. But I wanted to share the new w/c mellers chameleon I got at the Hamburg, Pa show last weekend...

100_0823.jpg

These arent the best pictures in the world. I took them the day after I got him/her. As you can see the horn is missing. I didn't notice anything wrong with the pads on it's feet, and has a real strong grip.

When I walked up to the enclosure they were in at the show this one came from the back to the front and just looked at me like "I'm here, let's go". I somehow walked away from it, but a little while later came back to look again and same thing happened. He came from the back to the front and just looked at me. Sold.

So now he's home with me. Thankfully I had a 260 gal reptarium all set up and ready to go. He drank a LOT when it was first put in it's enclosure. I took the mist king off the timer and manually plugged it in. It drank forever. I'm making sure it has plenty to drink at all times. It also eats like a horse. So far it's enjoyed crickets, dubia, hornworms, supers, and silkworms.

I didn't get to weigh it last weekend, but as of today it's just over 7" snout to vent, and weighs 151 grams. Feces look real good with a pure white urate. I'm making a vet appt for it in the next week or two so I'll get a fecal done at that time.

And I must say, it's nice to be back.

Attachments

• 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom