My new pygmies! [Pix]

Aliciax3

I got my pygmies from Flchams this morning! They are sooo cute and tiny! Since they are both female I decided to name them Coco and Nilla. They are already drinking and Nilla is even on the hunt for food!

This is Nilla
2q0tx5g.jpg

qs8ciq.jpg

jglh6x.jpg

And here is Coco

k51xc5.jpg

287p2k1.jpg

11i3hi8.jpg

Possibility is quite high :)

I dont think you will need an incubator for the eggs unless you really want to but if your cage is set right then she should just lay the eggs somewhere in the cage and then a couple months along you will find some babies running around the cage, commonly 1-3 (depending on how many eggs she lays and if they survive)

Wish I could have pygmies, but maybe sometime soon I will get some :)

i hope so too! I would love to have lil babies running around :) I have their humidity set between 70-80 and made sure they had enough substrate on the bottom (about three inches) so il be watching to see if she starts to dig. These are my first chameleons so I'd appreciate any advice on how to make sure they have the best home possible.

Unfortunetley I know nothing about pygmy setups because I have never had the oppurtunity to keep them but there are plenty threads about them on the forum, there is even a section for pygmies specificly. Check them out

Yea I've read a lot of threads about them since I've been getting everything ready for them for the past two months (I'm a student so its a little hard to keep extra money around.) I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from them. I fell in love with them the second I saw them and hope they have a long and happy life with me. :D

Congrats! pygmies are so much fun! Your set up, what i can see of it, looks good. I am a student too so I understand about the money- what are you studying? I'm a nursing student :)

also, being a student, do you have someone to mist them while you are at school? If not you should look into a mister.

Pygs are fun little things. Mine laid eggs and generated new pygs with relatively little input on my part.:D

also, being a student, do you have someone to mist them while you are at school? If not you should look into a mister.
This may or may not be necessary. I misted in the morning and had a drip system going through the day, but generally found a mostly glass enclosure (mine was EcoTerra) maintained pretty good humidity throughout the day. I'd mist when I came home from work as well in the winter when the furnace was going and drying things out); spring, summer and fall my humidity was fine.

I'm currently studying psychology but thinking about changing my major. I'm a freshman so I don't know exactly what I want to do yet. And yeah I've already talked to my sister about misting them while im at school. I'm only gone from 7am-2pm so its not a lot of time but it's nice having her home while im gone.

Since they are wc is there anyway to tell how old they are? I'm also a little worried about Nilla because she doesn't seem to have any interest in the crickets. I read that if they are gravid they may eat less so maybe that could be it? Coco started eating pretty quickly today and I even witnessed her eat two crickets. Is there something I can do to get Nilla to eat? Or am I just being paranoid?

Just let her be. She may not want to eat while you are watching. As much fun as it is to look at them all the time, it does stress them out. I am guilty of always peaking at mine ;)

yea I've noticed that she doesn't like me watching her so I've been leaving them alone as much as possible. She ate today so that makes me very happy.

Back
Top Bottom