My new panther arrived today!

Pagan

Cham is 3 months old and a big guy for his age. He (I can't decide on a name yet) took to his new home quickly. Has been active all day. Spent the first hour drinking droplets of off leaves. Then he went exploring. Made me very nervous watching him traverse the walls of the cage by gripping the screen. Then he proceeded to do the same from the ceiling!? He didn't fall but I swear there were times I was close to intervening, LOL!

Hasn't eaten yet but I understand this is to be expected. I have a couple of crickets roaming around and silkworms as a backup if he doesn't eat. How long should I wait? Another day or two?

My (EDIT here, I meant Reptisun not UV) hood unfortunately came DOA so I'll be out buying one tomorrow. Also adding a plant holder to boost that ficus up another 10 inches or so. I have some terrarium work (add the dripper, more foliage) to do but so far he seems very content. Adding a pothos which I repotted today and maybe another vine.

This forum has been an invaluable resource. Thanks to everyone for answering questions I'm sure you've answered hundreds of times before. It's very much aprreciated!

cham1.jpg

cham2.jpg

Last edited:
Omg Your Chameleon Is Beautiful ! Lucky You... I am new to this so i probably cannot help you much, alls i can say was my chameleon did the exact same when i got him at this christmas he is about 3.5 to 4 months old now... he walked everywhere climbing the screen didnt eat for the whole day (That i seen) Nor did he drink, but the day after, He was perfect, drank lots .. ate, was all 'Tucked in' To his new 'Appartment' We call it lol.. But yes, Your Panther Is Gorgeous! :p

That background is awesome I'd love to have that to adorn the backs of my cages! What locale is he, he has GREAT coloration for being 3 months very nice. Have you considered raising the foliage some since there's so much space at the top? I know chams, especially new ones and young ones will climb along the sides, my guy definitely did his fare share but I did notice when I filled up the top more he took to the new found climbing area and didn't look back :)

That background is awesome I'd love to have that to adorn the backs of my cages! What locale is he, he has GREAT coloration for being 3 months very nice. Have you considered raising the foliage some since there's so much space at the top? I know chams, especially new ones and young ones will climb along the sides, my guy definitely did his fare share but I did notice when I filled up the top more he took to the new found climbing area and didn't look back :)

Yeah. I can tell he wants to be higher. I'm going to find something to place under the ficus tree pot tomorrow to raise it up another 10" or so.

(EDIT to add locale info and lineage)

He' is an Ambilobe. When he arrived he was sky blue with red stripes. I actually emailed the breeder for more info on him. I got him from John at chameleonparadise.com. His bloodlines are Mr. Ambilobe
mrambilobe2.jpg

and Red Picasso

redmalepicasso.JPG

which you can see on that site. Of the breeders I contacted he was one of the only one's who answered my questions!

I'm trying to find a link to that Tree of Life Tapestry! If I find it I'll PM it.

Last edited:
Cool, it reminds me of the blacklight cloth posters you can find such as ones for bands my friend had one that looked very similar for Sublime. Btw, is that heat lamp the mini one, I think 5 or 5 1/2 inches as opposed to the normal 8 1/2 ones? Im asking as I was just looking at some on lll and think that looks nice as it doesnt *take* up as much space on top and would give a more direct basking spot.

Thanks

Cool, it reminds me of the blacklight cloth posters you can find such as ones for bands my friend had one that looked very similar for Sublime. Btw, is that heat lamp the mini one, I think 5 or 5 1/2 inches as opposed to the normal 8 1/2 ones? Im asking as I was just looking at some on lll and think that looks nice as it doesnt *take* up as much space on top and would give a more direct basking spot.

Thanks

It's the Zoomed Deep Dome actually. I think it's the 8". It's kind of big but I wanted the bulb a distance from the screen to prevent burns and the dome distributes the heat well.

Congrats on this beautiful chameleon!!!!!:)

I got my cham 2 moths ago, she i about 4 month old, and just putted her in a new flexarium. First day she just drank water drops, but the second day she went around almost the whole felxi (100 gallon) and ate, so yours will be fine too i think! Just excited about the new environment maybe :) Looks great btw! the cham and the cage too!
Can you please put in that link about the tree of life?! Ty

Cheers: Ricardo

I think the ficus is enough i would just get a few more differant diameter vines up.HES beautiful and the cage is nice to .

Just about to say that....get a reptisun 5.0

I used the wrong term sorry. I am using Reptisun 5.0 which is what was almost universally recommended. Unfortunately either the bulb is broken or the hood (I can't figure out which). So I'm off to shop for another today!

Very cute. It's so exciting to have a new baby around. Hopefully you can get that light issue figured out soon. It's frustrating when brand new things don't work.

Hey Nice new baby and congrats, love the setup.

They are very cool pets to have around with a setup like that he should be in good care.

Does anyone know what this stuff means in the signature:

ambilobe 1.1, tamatve 0.1 etc...

I know what the locale means just don't know what the numbers mean...anyone?

Back
Top Bottom