My new Monsoon

Kellendros08

So I just purchased the Exo Terra Monsoon misting system. So far so good. The hardest part was deciding where to install the nozzles.

The system can be set to frequency (from once and hour to once a day) and duration (from 2 seconds to 2 minutes). This system can support up to 6 nozzles but they aren't available yet. The system is still quite new to the public. The box says that it can only store 1 gallon of water at a time but I can easily put two gallons in the holding tank.

I like how easy it was to put together. It's rather quiet and the nozzles spray a mist, not a squirt, like I've heard about some other systems. The programming of the intervals is a no brainer. Very easy to setup.

There were two problems I've encountered. One was that one of the nozzles was clogged with something. When I turned on the system only one nozzle was spraying. I took apart the nozzle, ran some tap water through it, and now it works just fine. The other is that the tube sitting in the holding tank seems to float. I guess I'll just have to weigh it down with something.

I'm rather pleased with the Monsoon so far. But I've only had it a day and I haven't had any experience with any other systems. So we'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah, the last picture is of my Ambanja... his name is "Boss"

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 396
Good System!
I bought one of these when they came out a few months ago. It does what it is meant to do, and it does it well. I highly recommended it. I paid $99 for it new with the remote as a bonus (although i don't really use the remote).---
some nozzles are actually shut when comming from the manufacturer (not clogged), so make sure you twist a little to adjust the mist or a stream (if you desire).

I actually checked out the system from the web.

Does the system comes with a power adapter? or is it plugged directly into the wall. Coz if it runs with an adapter, then I can use it, or else I have to forget about this product

I actually checked out the system from the web.

Does the system comes with a power adapter? or is it plugged directly into the wall. Coz if it runs with an adapter, then I can use it, or else I have to forget about this product

There's a wire that runs from the unit to what I think is a power converter, or surge protecter, then to the wall.

i just bought one today im excited to get it in a few days.... now comes the tricky part in raising my cage up about 6in or so to make a drain for it and im also concerned with the spray getting out of the screen. I think ill just get fake plants to cover it or if anyone has any other ideas plz speak up

I have mine set at 30 second durations at 8 hour intervals. I don't think that's enough moisture for me to consider a drainage system yet. I'll see over a couple of days how wet it gets.

Are you saying the system runs for 30 seconds three times a day?(aka once every eight hours) if so I would strongly recommend running more frequently or longer times or both. I run my pro mist 2 minutes at a clip 4x a day no drainage no problem. I know a lot of.members do 5 minutes and up but with drainage systems.
I have mine set at 30 second durations at 8 hour intervals. I don't think that's enough moisture for me to consider a drainage system yet. I'll see over a couple of days how wet it gets.

i just bought one today im excited to get it in a few days.... now comes the tricky part in raising my cage up about 6in or so to make a drain for it and im also concerned with the spray getting out of the screen. I think ill just get fake plants to cover it or if anyone has any other ideas plz speak up

For drainage i'm putting mine on top of a sterelite container and drilling holes in the lid

I have mine set up for 1min every 4 hours. no need to drain, since the lush ficus tree keeps quite a bit of this water on the leaves, and the substrate absorbs the rest. if there is any excess, it dries up by the time it turns on again. I should also mention i have a substrate tray at the bottom of the cage. :D

Hey Kellen, could you post a video of the system spraying with an up close of the mist? I am saving up for a mist king but wouldn't mind saving money if this works just as well. They also sell them in stores here so i wouldn't need shipping. One other thing, how's the sound of it? Loud, quiet, etc? My habba mist is a beast with the noise it makes and I know the mist king is quiet.

Thanks!

Are you saying the system runs for 30 seconds three times a day?(aka once every eight hours) if so I would strongly recommend running more frequently or longer times or both. I run my pro mist 2 minutes at a clip 4x a day no drainage no problem. I know a lot of.members do 5 minutes and up but with drainage systems.

Hmm.. ok, I'll turn it up a bit for him. He doesn't seem to be having any trouble so far.

Hey Kellen, could you post a video of the system spraying with an up close of the mist? I am saving up for a mist king but wouldn't mind saving money if this works just as well. They also sell them in stores here so i wouldn't need shipping. One other thing, how's the sound of it? Loud, quiet, etc? My habba mist is a beast with the noise it makes and I know the mist king is quiet.

Thanks!

The mist is very fine and the system is fairly quiet. My bedroom shares a wall with my Panthers room and I don't hear a thing. There are some videos on Youtube that show the spray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonKdNv8RwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2AtUU3e3Uo

Does the mist travel far outside the cage? I am interested in getting a mister but don't want the mist all over the room he is in.

You can fashion a milk jug cut in half. Cut a hole in the bottom of the jug and fix it around the spray nozzle so that the edges of the spray hit the sides of the milk jug and then drip down. It's like controlling the width of the spray pattern so that only the plants get wet and not the table or floors.

Does the mist travel far outside the cage? I am interested in getting a mister but don't want the mist all over the room he is in.

Actually it's not even a problem. In the pic of my setup you can see I have a fake plant hanging from the roof of the cage. I direct the nozzles to hit that and I have no problems with unwanted over spray whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom