my new mellers chameleons
thanks Blaine
I love these beauties

cage

This is a temporary one it is 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5
lots of foliage and mister and dripper
we are building permanent ones for them and will seperate them
right now they seem to each have a spot and are doing well

the gentleman i got them from has captive bred and long term wc, they have all been treated with flagyl and are eating and drinking very well they are beautifully colored and very happy looking

Congrats on the bunch.

With mellers, usually you don't decide when they are going to mate, they do (if you didn't know.)

breeding mellers

ya the gentleman I got them from breeds them, he is helping me, he has been pretty private about letting them go but he is looking for a new project so I have been keeping an eye out here for something that might interest him,

Your welcome LeRae. Hope you do well with them. Let me know if you have any problems, and yes you are going to be breeding them. If not I'm taking them back. :)

Oh and i forgot good luck with your clutch of Pygmy eggs. Let me know how they do I really would like to buy a few or all if you want.

When I first saw 4 in one cage, I got jealous thinking that possibly they can be housed like that...Just think, how many more chameleons we all would own if we could house more than 1 in a cage!

When I first saw 4 in one cage, I got jealous thinking that possibly they can be housed like that...Just think, how many more chameleons we all would own if we could house more than 1 in a cage!

well, melleri can be kept together. I would not cage them but ours live together on a very large and ever growing free range.

well, melleri can be kept together. I would not cage them but ours live together on a very large and ever growing free range.

Your melleri are fantastic. I so enjoyed seeing them, and watching how they interact but none were ever aggressive. I also liked how they could just walk across the sofa if they wanted. That is a true free range and it works beautifully.

Your melleri are fantastic. I so enjoyed seeing them, and watching how they interact but none were ever aggressive. I also liked how they could just walk across the sofa if they wanted. That is a true free range and it works beautifully.

Thanks! You should see how it has grown! (And how the human living space has shrunk!) I believe melleri do better in groups and uncaged. As long as it is safe of course.

They are beautiful!

I was amazed to see one of these beauties, let alone the whole group at All Things Reptile!

I have spent quite a bit of time watching them in total fascination! There are even a couple of them that will come right over to the screen to check you out while you are checking them out.

What really surprised me is that in all the time I've been staring at these gorgeous animals, there have been no signs of aggression from any of them! And, while some do seem to prefer to "hang out" only sort of close to the others, there are those that stick pretty close together, too. But none of them seems to avoid any of the others or be trying to get away from them either.

They seem to be thriving and happy together in one big cage. It is definitely an awesome sight to see.

Back
Top Bottom