Meller's Care Differences

Hi welcome to the forum, I wont be able to help you with this answer but I will tag some people that might and if they can't they will tag someone that can if they know who. Also Thank you so much for asking!!! This is what I want my next cham to be. 😀
@Beman @MissSkittles @SteveH Would you be able to help please?

space, alot of space. They don´t like to be in cages and try to break out, can harm themselves doing this. Proper free range should be done. Melleridiscovery used to have the best info on them. Also lots of food. they can eat about 12 large grasshoppers.

Out of curiosity, what are the care differences between a meller's and say a panther or veiled chameleon?
Thanks
Along with things listed below (temp is critical), they seem to have more sensitive mouths according to my breeder. Mouth should be inspected and cleaned regularly. In particular can have problems lacerations with large roaches. So I use very small roaches, soft worms (silk, hornworm) and a lot of black soldier and houseflies. At least as far as mine goes, they don't seem prone to obesity and can/should be fed more regularly-even every day.

For outdoor sun basking, I put the meller's out first when temps are at or below 70 (they turn very white/yellow when too warm), then the panther gets his turn up to about 76, and the veiled gets his turn once it is warmer than that!

For hydration I go through 2-3 gallons of water a day for him; and even then when his fogger comes on, I can see him open his mouth to "inhale". My MK reservoir is 30 gallons LOL.

And as mentioned minimum of a 4 x 4 x 6 cage.

Back
Top Bottom