My new Melleri

DeviousMike

Took a road trip and stopped at LLL Reptile in Escondido to pick up a Melleri. It is my first WC chameleon. It looked pretty good to me except for his bent rostral, which I hear is just common for Melleri that are imported. I estimate it at about a foot long but I'm not 100% sure. I need to get it acclimated to his new home before I start doing some measurements. I am surprised that it handles really well. I was expecting something nastier from a WC. Need some help sexing it too, so if anyone has tips, fire away! Anyways, here it is.

photo.jpg

It looks like a stunner dude don't forget to take a poop sample into the vets and the only way to sex a meller is by operation dude. he looks like he i smiling already keep us posted on how he is doing.

Looks pretty good, and he is smiling :) lots and lots of water this guy needs, how big is his/her enclosure?

Looks pretty good, and he is smiling :) lots and lots of water this guy needs, how big is his/her enclosure?

I have a temporary standard 4x4x2 but in the next few days I will be building an enclosure that is going to be about 7x3x3 (give or take as I do more measurements). It is a PVC and plastic mesh design that I have found on Melleri Discovery. I'm also going to get either the starter Mist King (already have 1 Ultimate) or perhaps I may try the Aquazamp with rain dome. Just waiting for the Aquazamp site to come back up. From what LLL said, he drinks really well so I'm not too worried about his hydration.

you should take after the blue tick and name it It!!!

I'm refraining from naming hehe. Only time will tell if it flashes me a hemipenis or drops an egg. Supposedly somebody on these forums knows how to sex them but only PMs people how to do it. I don't know what the big secret is!

Mike he looks great, I just say he out of habit, I don't know ANYONE who can successfully sex a mellers. But if you send him to me for a few years I can give it a try.:D

Congratulations on your new addition! What a little doll.

Even though LLL says he/she is drinking good you should still be concerned with hydration.

I know the method the person is PM'n people and all I have to say is Boo. I wont post because it could injure a chameleon.

Congratulations on your new addition! What a little doll.

Even though LLL says he/she is drinking good you should still be concerned with hydration.

I know the method the person is PM'n people and all I have to say is Boo. I wont post because it could injure a chameleon.

I'm not concerned about hydration anyways since I got my Mist King going on him already. When he gets to move into his new big cage he'll get the rain dome action from Aquazamp. The cage is mostly built. I just need to add a bunch of zip ties to the netting and then I can put the plants and stuff in. Should be done by the end of the day.

I'm not concerned about hydration anyways since I got my Mist King going on him already. When he gets to move into his new big cage he'll get the rain dome action from Aquazamp. The cage is mostly built. I just need to add a bunch of zip ties to the netting and then I can put the plants and stuff in. Should be done by the end of the day.

My apologies I misunderstood.

I read it as you were ordering a mist system guess my brain didnt process you already had one on his cage.

In regards to someone PM'ing people on how to sex a Mellers chameleon- That's a crock of S#!t in my opinion. Of course, everyone has his/her opinion and can think whatever they wish. But why would someone want to hoarde information that could potentially be beneficial to keepers whos success could hinge on being able to accurately sex your animals? I answer any and all questions that I feel I have an answer for without hesitation. I don't understand the the idea of not sharing this information. Oh, and if it involves 'popping' the hemipenes like you do in juvenile snakes, I wouldn't risk it. O.K., now,... crucify me...

That's a great lookin meller you've got there! To clear up some misinfo about the "secret" sexing method... I got the PM and yes, it does involve popping. Ouch! Don't try this at home kids! I think it's best to keep that s**t "secret" LOL Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom