My New Little Guy

Well some of the expense is out of the way, look for an enclosure second hand , I just got a 2’x2’x4’ for $40 dollars and the man had already repaired the only hole in the mesh with a screen repair kit...it was a steal!
ill probably wait for a while longer as i want to get carpets into the uk and have healthy cb speciemins available in the uk that dont die in months or weeks of arrival. or i want to try my hand at breeding another hard to find species so i can start a healthy line. i really want to help this hobby out!

ill probably wait for a while longer as i want to get carpets into the uk and have healthy cb speciemins available in the uk that dont die in months or weeks of arrival. or i want to try my hand at breeding another hard to find species so i can start a healthy line. i really want to help this hobby out!
That’s an awesome idea, and will keep you busy with researching in the meantime. I’m knocked out...gotta get some sleep...work will call early...have a nice evening:)

I’ve always wanted a lizard ever since I had my two turtles which was awesome to watch! My mom always called our house a zoo because we had so many pets and she’s back to calling it again! I’ve grown up with fishtanks of all sorts because of my dad. I plan on being a dog trainer after my last year of high school and maybe a vet-tech! My cage is still in process until I get that bleeping light :(
i get what you mean!
That’s an awesome idea, and will keep you busy with researching in the meantime. I’m knocked out...gotta get some sleep...work will call early...have a nice evening:)
you get your sleep as i suffer early morning fatigue:D

Not for me...lol I’m going to try but I’m not a carpenter, I’m going to use parts from the one I just bought though...lol

Once he’s bigger/older I plan on taking my mothers old china cabinet that she doesn’t use and converting it into a chameleon cage, just I have very little space in my bedroom because of my fishtanks. It’s good to plan ahead right? And how do you combine two of the same cages?

Once he’s bigger/older I plan on taking my mothers old china cabinet that she doesn’t use and converting it into a chameleon cage, just I have very little space in my bedroom because of my fishtanks. It’s good to plan ahead right? And how do you combine two of the same cages?
It sounds like a plan (the China cabinet) could be quite cool...I’ve got drawings...I’ll share later tomorrow...gotta get some zzzz good night guys and girls.

great idea with the cabinet. looks better than a screen cage but make sure you seal it well with window and door silicone like the one joey from kingofdiy uses for his aquarium builds. you can join two screen enclosures by pulling panels off both enclosures and siliconing together. ghetto style:D

32DA0BF7-23D1-4B33-9577-357A52B225C9.png
It sounds like a plan (the China cabinet) could be quite cool...I’ve got drawings...I’ll share later tomorrow...gotta get some zzzz good night guys and girls.

Good night! The drama won’t stop for me amazon is making me mad:mad:

Hey guys! I got the small crickets this time, I plucked alll the big ones out last night and just released them because most of them I squished to death so it wouldn’t be eight returning dead ones to petsmart and I squished them because I couldn’t stop trembling. I know better now and he’s been very active today also saw him change colors and patterns which was awesome to watch, he still has his shedding on his head which I guess he doesn’t know he has but I know it will come off eventually.

@Zenyatta The Chameleon I just saw your screen name and I can't think of a name that is more unlike a chameleon as Zenyatta! :ROFLMAO: I, too, loved that horse; she was pretty special. And if you want to name a chameleon after one of the better race mares and certainly one of the gutsiest, by all means do. :D Enjoy your chameleon.

A1465C79-66D7-4C8F-BA68-84903E572190.jpeg
@Zenyatta The Chameleon I just saw your screen name and I can't think of a name that is more unlike a chameleon as Zenyatta! :ROFLMAO: I, too, loved that horse; she was pretty special. And if you want to name a chameleon after one of the better race mares and certainly one of the gutsiest, by all means do. :D Enjoy your chameleon.

Oh it’s not named after the horse he’s named after my favorite video game character, he is really slow just like my chameleon! I’ll show you a picture here, I did see the horse but that’s not exactly what he’s named after lol anyways thank you!

And here’s another picture because he’s coolView attachment 211215

Zenyatta the horse was named after the 1980 Police album, "Zenyatta Mondatta" under the A&M label. Jerry Moss, owner of the horse Zenyatta, was co-founder of A&M Records. Zenyatta last raced in the fall of 2010.

I think your video character might have been named after the Police album, since there is a character called "Mondatta." Both words were made up.

"Zenyatta Mondatta are invented portmanteau words, hinting at Zen, at Jomo Kenyatta, at the French word for the world ("le monde") and at Reggatta, from the previous album's name, Reggatta de Blanc. "

Zenyatta the horse was named after the 1980 Police album, "Zenyatta Mondatta" under the A&M label. Jerry Moss, owner of the horse Zenyatta, was co-founder of A&M Records. Zenyatta last raced in the fall of 2010.

I think your video character might have been named after the Police album, since there is a character called "Mondatta." Both words were made up.

"Zenyatta Mondatta are invented portmanteau words, hinting at Zen, at Jomo Kenyatta, at the French word for the world ("le monde") and at Reggatta, from the previous album's name, Reggatta de Blanc. "

Well that being true for the horse they actually explain the reason for choosing Zenyatta and how they made it up as it relates to spiritual figures.

Here’s what it said off the blizzard website:

Zenyatta's name has been observed to be a combination of the word "Zen", which is the Japanese name for Chan Buddhism, and "Śūnyatā", which means "emptiness" in Pali, a Buddhist concept referring to the idea that the world is without a true essence or sense of self.

It's also likely a reference to the The Police album Zenyatta Mondatta, considering his late counterpart's name is Mondatta

The name they share between Mondatta and Zenyatta, "Tekhartha," could play off of the name of the Buddha before he achieved nirvana, Siddhartha Gautama, and "Tek" pronounced like "Tech" as a play on the fact that they are robots.

So yes partially right ^_^

That is awesome, and whether or not he likes it...that light will be of great benefit to his health:) I would focus on getting him some privacy now, you’re doing great. Get some plastic terrarium plants in the front so he has some privacy. These are like $3-$10 bucks each... I have three in mine that were on sale for $4 each. I’d do that next. He’ll be happier when he’s got a place to hide now and then, but you’re doing awesome so far.

Kindly,
Bobby

Back
Top Bottom