My New Girl LOLA ~ Newbie Questions + Pictures

you might not be able to stop them once they start laying unfertilised eggs, but you can possably slow down the start of it happening in the first place.

reduce food, use a lower then normal basking bulb (or none at all). may or may not help, but worked for one of my females...well, so far all of them.

Harry

i knew it was something like that...but wasnt too sure....not experienced with panther females, (yet);)

thx warpdrive...

Very pretty girl you've got there! Glad she ended up with you rather than being housed with another cham, and a male... my goodness, I can't believe a specialty reptile store would suggest that. Maybe Petco or Petsmart. But anyway, sounds like you're providing an excellent home for her.

Like other members have suggested, the MV bulb might be a bit much in a cage that size. They're EXTREMELY powerful bulbs, and very very hot. And your temps are a bit high. I would probably use a linear reptisun 5.0 for now, and keep the MV bulb for when you move her to a larger screen cage (she'll need something a little bigger eventually). I only use MV bulbs in conjunction with reptisun 5.0 bulbs on my veileds free-range. That way he can still get UVB even when he doesn't want to be under the heat of the MV.

She's mighty pretty :D

Welcome to the forums! Great looking girl! Really cool red colors on her. Just make sure you read up on what to do when you see the signs of being gravid and you should be fine. Always ask for help and feel free to PM me with any questions. I and a lot of other people on here have been through laying eggs with a female panther.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your little girl look healthy & adorable. Tell hubby to get over it, I love all of my "kids" they are just such unique animals.
I would make the couple of changes and you should be good to go. I like to offer all my chameleons a variety of feeders. Crickets, phoenix worms, small silk worms, and at her size she would most likely go nuts for house flys. All are available form various plan sponsors. They are listed at the upper right hand corner on the main screen.

Now sit down and enjoy your girl.:):):):)

Back
Top Bottom