My new female veiled

Flapenn

I just got her a couple days ago. Looking forward to pampering her :)
Let me know what you think. Couldn't really get any good pics of her yet but I don't want to scare her. Once she settles in I will be letting her bask in the natural sun so that give me an opp for some good pics.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332725939.509625.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332725939.509625.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 133
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332725982.554493.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332725982.554493.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 163
Welcome to the Chameleon Forums and congrats on your female veiled. I have a blog for new keepers that I'm attaching for you below with a special section and a link for females and a second blog for the laying bin and egg laying. She looks to be the size for a laying bin now. They can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment1197

i already have an egg laying bin setup for her. The very next day after i got her she laid 27 eggs in her bin :rolleyes: glad i got her out of the pet store to have some privacy

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums and congrats on your female veiled. I have a blog for new keepers that I'm attaching for you below with a special section and a link for females and a second blog for the laying bin and egg laying. She looks to be the size for a laying bin now. They can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment1197

I read both of your blogs before she was brought home :D

you need more foliage in there to make her feel comfortable.
and i think they want the water bowl removed because chams dont drink standing water.

also take out the water bowl too and u really only need one heating lamp you dont wanna over heat the chameleon.and see that a member also posted some links up for u to read up on...and don't for get to post lots of pictures we love that shit.;):D

she only has one basking light. the other one is a compact 5.0 UVB and then the 18" tube is also a 5.0 UVB

and i know they dont drink standing water it just there for the hell of it, i have a mist king on the way to give me a break with the spray bottle.

but do i need to take the carpet thing out?

she only has one basking light. the other one is a compact 5.0 UVB and then the 18" tube is also a 5.0 UVB

and i know they dont drink standing water it just there for the hell of it, i have a mist king on the way to give me a break with the spray bottle.

but do i need to take the carpet thing out?

you dont need 2 5/0 bulbs, thats too much uvb.
i would get two lower watt bulbs, to put in the dual domes, and leav ethe tube light.

the mist king is amazing, but there are no directions.

no you dont need to take the carpet out. i used it and my chams are just fine.
but you DO need to add more foliage. alot.
i would remove the bowl, simply not needed, and they can drown in it, if she falls in it. poops in it it will grow bacteria. etc.

you dont need 2 5/0 bulbs, thats too much uvb.
i would get two lower watt bulbs, to put in the dual domes, and leav ethe tube light.

the mist king is amazing, but there are no directions.

no you dont need to take the carpet out. i used it and my chams are just fine.
but you DO need to add more foliage. alot.
i would remove the bowl, simply not needed, and they can drown in it, if she falls in it. poops in it it will grow bacteria. etc.

Ok i will replace the two bulbs in the dual setup and and remove that water bowl and add foliage :)

Keep the tips coming, im also feeding my crickets cricket crack

Ok i will replace the two bulbs in the dual setup and and remove that water bowl and add foliage :)

Keep the tips coming, im also feeding my crickets cricket crack

make sure you lower the wattege though,. so your basking tmeps stay right.

what are you supplementing with?

what is your basking temp?

cricket crack is great, but i woudl still add fresh fruits and veggies.

what are you supplementing with? I have calcium with d3 and calcium without d3 and then i have herpavite.

what is your basking temp? her basking area is around 85º

So I changed the lights out and I will be monitoring the temps today to make sure I got a good setup now. I have two daylight blue bulbs 100w and 60w and then the 18" UVB 5.0
I added some more vines and stuff also. Thinking about putting a pothos in now too.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332802177.307994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332802177.307994.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 155
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332802191.990416.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332802191.990416.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom