My New Female Cham I ADOPTED

beardeds7587

to make a long story short i used to work at petsmart some one called me from there and asked me to come adopt a chameleon that has been dropped off but little did i know i would have to pay the full amount all so, some one brought her in and said they were moving , i beleive she has MBD since her back legs are grabbing her front sometimes and making scratches and scales come off :( i took her to vet and the vet said perfect health besides that, so now she is my new addition , Please Help Me Name Her :D

Attachments

• Camo.jpg
    Camo.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 161
to make a long story short i used to work at petsmart some one called me from there and asked me to come adopt a chameleon that has been dropped off but little did i know i would have to pay the full amount all so, some one brought her in and said they were moving , i beleive she has MBD since her back legs are grabbing her front sometimes and making scratches and scales come off :( i took her to vet and the vet said perfect health besides that, so now she is my new addition , Please Help Me Name Her :D

HA! those crooks made you pay full amount for a chameleon they got for free, and that will need a good amount of work? why did you do it?:confused::( first off, i would like to commend you on doing such a great thing, investing money and taking in a rescue. im just upset that you paid anything for her :(

MBD IMHO wouldnt cause her to scratch herself, if she is scratching and ripping flakes of skin off, there is a good chance of mites, and from the condition i can only imagine at petsmart, it isnt good. MBD has signs of improper tongue uses (not being able to extend, retract, tongue isnt sticky) it also shows signs of mutilation. bones become deformed and bowed ( a very bad case), these are just two common signs of determining MBD, and an x-ray can show that.

the picture isnt the clearest, but she doesnt look too bad. can you take better pictures so someone may be able to give an age as well?

[EDIT: by her size compared to a ficus leaf, and no patterning yet, i would say she is between 3 and 5 months]

Thanks, She's def over a year because mine are over 13 months and smaller than her. I will check into the mites. THey sell the spray everywhere. I'm sure she'll be fine. Thank you again.

I don't suspect MBD at all as her colour and limbs look straight. Took a look at her overall shape, particularly her proximal end. Her back does not make that gentle slope into her tail; there is a very obvious hump above her hips. I suspect a spinal deformity and could explain the flailing limbs and scratching and some possible immobility. I'm surprised your vet didn't suggest some x-rays to see exactly what is going on inside.

Be very VERY careful with mite sprays sometimes they are toxic to lizards. Unless you see mites, I wouldn't treat her for that.

poor chameleon...but that was cool of of doing sumthing like that and saving the little chameleon life...hope your new one gets better..

UPDATE: she is doing great so far she all ready shedding her whole body , and all so was very dehydrated , and drinking it up and so far is the nicest cham i ever kept :D

Back
Top Bottom