My new build

repdog

So this is a two month build. Mainly due to the fact that I changed my mind a lot and my husband really didn't want to build it. Let me know what you all think and if changes need to be made.

One side wall

The other side wall

Back wall

Sorry I don't have a photo just yet with the doors closed. But this one is the start of adding to the inside. So we are only at the plant stage.

I still need to add all the branches, I have them just need a way to adhere them. The small plant on the floor I would like to add a hanger to it and hang from one of the vines that will be somewhere in there. But finally after 2 months I have a great to of something to show. :D

Thanks so I'm on the right path so far? I got word that my new boy should be hatching in a few weeks. I already have the name picked out and he is added to my bedroom door. Yes I have the photos on the door. So right now its just the father until I get some baby photos. I'm guessing I'm getting ahead of myself but I have been waiting for 13 months.

Here is a photo with the doors closed. We started to work on the vines but so far none of them are working out. So I will need to collect more or come up with something different.

On a cage like this what would you use to attach the vines? Oh also as a baby I would think they need smaller branches as adults can use larger ones. Is there a good size to go by?

I used thin gauge copper wire to attach my vines. Look at home center in electrical aisle for bulk rolls that they sell by the foot. Also Bonsai supply places will have various thicknesses to suit your liking.

Once it ages a bit, it turns a darker brown color and fades away completely. To speed the process, leave your coil of wire outside for a couple weeks and it'll tarnish quickly.

I find if weight will hang on it (like my potted pathos plant) that it's beneficial to put the wire through the screen and wrap it around a small piece of stick/wooden dowel to spread the weight a bit better. If you just go out and back through the screen it will tear the screen if twisted too tightly.

NinjaFeet I don't have screen but on the front doors and top. That would be a lot of wire to hang from the top.

Thanks frikitiki I got the backgrounds from place that does car wraps. The photos I bought from istock.com. Price was pretty good at $100.00 for both.

To attach the vines you could use a small selftapping screw and a zip tie. Your cage is gorgeous! There is going to be one lucky cham at your house. :D
You could also attach black plastic chain to the top framing with plastic cable clips. The ActionJackson Method. :) Once you train vines or put fake vines on the chains you don't even notice them.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-cage-setup-111202/

Beautiful enclosure. That will be an excellent home for a lucky chameleon. Do you know what kind of Cham will be living in it?

Yes it will be from Chameleon Paradise (panther) offspring of Red Rain. My baby boy will be named Blue Rain so far. Being this will be my first chameleon I really need a boy. Otherwise I would take a girl. Last word I had was the eggs are coming along and should hatch in the next few weeks. Should put it right around Spring shipping so weather should be ok. I'm already very excited and really hope these eggs hatch. My lights are on backorder and Todd said should be back at the end of Jan.

I know I'm going to need a day off when he comes as I'm not going to leave the house and just stare at him all day.

Back
Top Bottom