My New Baby Veiled

AESara

I am so excited to have just received my new baby girl today! She came all the way across the country from Dez on the forum. More and better pictures will be coming, but I want to let her settle in. This girl has no name yet as I want to get to know her personality first. These little guys are such individuals. :)

Thanks so much Dez and Jann!

vdd1tk.jpg

Thank you both! She really is so adorable. I've missed having a cham.

She seems to be acclimating well so far, she ate a few half-size crickets and I saw her bask and drink. I never had an animal shipped before so it had me pretty worried.

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

I'm super excited to report that this girl is apparently nuts about black soldier fly larvae! I'm keeping track of what she eats daily and there has been a good upswing from her first few days. She is a big eater and slowly becoming less shy.

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

I'm super excited to report that this girl is apparently nuts about black soldier fly larvae! I'm keeping track of what she eats daily and there has been a good upswing from her first few days. She is a big eater and slowly becoming less shy.

That's fantastic news. My veiled babies always loved the Phoenix worms. They are excellent feeders and full of calcium.

I feel like she's looking bigger already!

3 months, 17.3g

Attachments

• arya3mos.jpg
    arya3mos.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Thanks again everyone. :)

This one is blurry but I thought you'd enjoy it nonetheless. Here's Arya being my assistant while I worked last Friday. She walked all over the keyboard after her weighing (20.3g).

Update: She won't take food from my hand yet but she will take it if I use feeding prongs. It's good progress. :)

Attachments

• 2015-09-22 12.38.43.jpg
    2015-09-22 12.38.43.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom