My New Baby Parsons!

WayneL333

I just received my baby Parsons today! It came from 'Charlie' who had a listing on kingsnake from european bloodlines. I've been looking for a mate for my male adolescent Parsons and I couldn't pass this opportunity up, especially considering the price.

Here are a couple of quick pics I took of it:

Baby%20Parsons%201%20web-XL.jpg

Baby%20Parsons%202%20web-XL.jpg

It's soooo tiny. It can't be longer than 6" from head to tail. I'm hoping there's a very good chance it's a female considering how green it is and the lack of orange pigment around the eyes. More pictures to come!

Oh wow, I've never actually looked at pics of parsonii babies so small. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for her(hopefully). Also, good luck with your breeding project.

Oh wow, I've never actually looked at pics of parsonii babies so small. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for her(hopefully). Also, good luck with your breeding project.

$1,500 plus the shipping. I'm not actually trying to purposely breed them. I mean if it happens that'll be a pleasant surprise, but my main goal was to just get a mate for my male to keep him company. I have a GOC and hopefully they can live with each other in the future. I think that'll be beautiful to have a m/f pair living together like that.

gorgeous!!!! how amazing :) cant wait to see more pics as it grows up! better keep us updated! ;) i havent seen one this small before either, how exciting!

I think it's around 6 months old. A few more pics:

Sunning itself:

Baby%20Parsons%204%20web-XL.jpg

Baby%20Parsons%203%20web-XL.jpg

I was hoping it was hungry, but not yet. It seemed interested though:

Baby%20Parsons%205%20web-XL.jpg

Very cute Wayne! Now I know why you need to make some room. Who could resist a baby parsons?

Yeah, I may be getting rid of most of my panthers soon so I can just focus on these guys.

And I may need to buy a bunch of baby Dubias from you soon too :)

Wow... He/she looks amazing, I like the colors alot
Why r they so expensive?

They are very rare and very difficult to care for, and it is illegal to export them directly from Madagascar. American breeders don't seem to have had much luck with them, so really the only way to get a good captive bred one is to get one from the European scene, and they don't make their way across the pond often.

What a gorgeous baby :) Congrats! I love fermale Parsons, if they weren't so expensive I'd hope to get one someday.

Back
Top Bottom