My New Ambanja Panther Chameleon.

ApocalypseUK

Hey guys got my 1st Cham yesterday! and was the most liveliest thing I've ever seen! lol he kept trying to run all over me, all around my fingers showing a really nice colours and all sorts was really nice :) but today Im already worried about him :S after research I personally just think he may be shredding but I just thought I'd come here to ask for a little more help just encase, today He's hiding away slightly in a spot he seems to have found and he's showing a brownish colour and he's also got like patches of white on him they look like the start of a shed or quick shed but again just being safe! anyways here's all the info :)

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Ambanja Panther Chameleon, roughly 2 and Half months old and I've had him since yesterday so 1 day.
Handling - yesterday quite a bit because this is all he wanted to do but today I have picked him up I've just left him to decide what he wants to do.
Feeding - yesterday He had gutloaded and multivitamined D3 small crickets, and today he's only eaten like 5 calcium dusted crickets (no D3)
Supplements - the supplements I have are ProRep Calci Dust, Nutrobal multivitamin with D3 and Reptivite without D3
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I mist/spray him roughly 3 times a day or if its dry with humidity drop but normally only 3 times a day. How often and how long to you mist? I do about 3 to 5 squirts of spray coating all leafs to be honest. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yeh I seen him drinking today when I sprayed the top. I also Have a big dripper going on the other side of the cage but I haven't even seen him try for this yet.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? his normal colours from when I got him were, white, blue, green all at once, but today only a brownish colour with a slight green down the middle and head. and not that Im aware of he hasn't had any but after I'm deffo sure that the owner before me/breeder would of due to the amount he had and what good condition they was in.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Not that I can think of unless I ask the person I brought him from :)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
I live in the UK and I have an EXO Terra 45x45x60
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

My lighting schedule is a Basking light 100W on a thermostat to control the temperature, an Arcadia tube light 12% UVB with the timers set on 8:30 in the morning till around 20:00 at night. all lights out and this time.

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

My ambient temp is roughly around 22c but this is pretty much at the bottom and the basking spot/top of cage sits around 25.3c/77.3F and the lowest I seen the temp drop last night over night time was roughly around 69f Also I have a thermostat and Hydrometer which also displays temp as well.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Humidity mainly sits around 72% to 84% at all times. to keep this I spray the cage, Have a big dripper and also a Fogger on a timer to go off every 2 hours.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
At the minute no, But I am thinking of getting a small umbrella plant.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Don't really know how to explain this but he's basically sat next to the wardrobe Not really high up but not really low down on top of some draw's sorry don't really know how to explain this but he isn't near house vents or fans or anything.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
United Kingdom.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
He's showing like a mud brownish colour and has small white patches on him.

Here is a picture also. If you would like anymore information feel free to ask thanks again all and please help when you can :)

Sounds to me like he is just stressed. My baby veiled when I got him last year did the same thing. He hid for the most part and stayed brown for a few days. They can get quite stressed by all of the new things. Leave him alone as much as possible so he can adjust. And the white spots do look like the beginnings of a shed.

Just a couple comments on your enclosure. Just want to make sure you realize he will outgrow the size you have in the next 3-4 months. He will need one that is 2 feet square by 4 feet high once full grown. Also you mentioned your basking bulb is on a thermostat. Is it turning off when it gets to hot, or does it dim? The basking bulb should not turn off during the day. Also, it sounds like what you have is way too strong for the size of your enclosure unless it is sitting quite a ways from the top of the enclosure.

Sounds to me like he is just stressed. My baby veiled when I got him last year did the same thing. He hid for the most part and stayed brown for a few days. They can get quite stressed by all of the new things. Leave him alone as much as possible so he can adjust. And the white spots do look like the beginnings of a shed.

Just a couple comments on your enclosure. Just want to make sure you realize he will outgrow the size you have in the next 3-4 months. He will need one that is 2 feet square by 4 feet high once full grown. Also you mentioned your basking bulb is on a thermostat. Is it turning off when it gets to hot, or does it dim? The basking bulb should not turn off during the day. Also, it sounds like what you have is way too strong for the size of your enclosure unless it is sitting quite a ways from the top of the enclosure.

Thanks for your reply its very much appreciated, I hope that it is a part of a shed or the start of it. and yeh I'm already working on my next cage for when he gets older :) im already aware of that :)
and yeh its on a timer and it doesn't get hotter it sits at around 25.c/76f constantly and the bulb from basking spot is about id say roughly 5 inches roughly? :)

Back
Top Bottom