My MR 148 incubator is dying

Seeco

Avid Member
My MR-148 incubator is dying MR 148

Hi I have raved before about the MR-148 MR 148 mini fridge as an incubator. I have also complained -- about a year ago the down button got stuck and froze about 4 of my clutches. Now the thing is failing to cool. It is actually 77 inside it when the room temp is 66. AND the built in thermostat still reads 69!

Check out these reviews on Amazon -- it sounds like mine was actually a good one:

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-MR-148-Fridge-Travel-Refrigerator/product-reviews/B001HDQOCC/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Here's a sample:

"Bought this unit for a small office for cream and condiments. After the second week of use the temp kept rising until it was in the solid 50's, even after being closed over the weekend with nothing in it. Then after blowing out the fan and leaving it unplugged for a couple of days, the fridge began to act normaly for about a week. Then the LED temp display permanently shown 62 even though a thermometer in the fridge showed a temp of 48. So after another 6 months of slowly degrading service the little fridge from Hong Kong bit it. Seriously DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!. Apparently 8 months is a long service life for this fridge. Spend your money elsewhere. "

Last edited:
Hi I have praised the MR 148 mini fridge as an incubator. I have also complained -- about a year ago the down button got stuck and froze about 4 of my clutches. Now the thing is failing to cool. It is actually 77 inside it when the room temp is 73. AND the built in thermostat still reads 69!

Check out these reviews on Amazon -- it sounds like mine was actually a good one:

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-MR-148-Fridge-Travel-Refrigerator/product-reviews/B001HDQOCC/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Here's a sample:

"Bought this unit for a small office for cream and condiments. After the second week of use the temp kept rising until it was in the solid 50's, even after being closed over the weekend with nothing in it. Then after blowing out the fan and leaving it unplugged for a couple of days, the fridge began to act normaly for about a week. Then the LED temp display permanently shown 62 even though a thermometer in the fridge showed a temp of 48. So after another 6 months of slowly degrading service the little fridge from Hong Kong bit it. Seriously DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!. Apparently 8 months is a long service life for this fridge. Spend your money elsewhere. "

dang, im sorry to hear that, that sucks!!..(only reason i went for one advertised as an "incubator for reptiles" instead of the "mini-fridge that heats or cools"..sorry to hear that..not cheap..

wow that sucks. My exo terra craped out on me so I called exo terra and they gave me a new one. But they are really small I am trying to find a used wine cooler and wire in a zilla reostate to cool it and then turn off after it gets to the temp. I set it for. I dont need heat and that seems to be the biggest problem is everyone eggs get to hot and die so Im doing the wine cooler. no heat no problems. I hope Lol

My exo-terra fan just took a crapper! It's 77 and the room is 77 it is not kickin on at all. I might as well have them in the closet:(

My exo-terra fan just took a crapper! It's 77 and the room is 77 it is not kickin on at all. I might as well have them in the closet:(

reason why i kept my box in the garage..they apparently are real good about fixing them..only reason why i got one too..

Back
Top Bottom