Incubator disaster 6 clutches frozen MR-148

Seeco

Avid Member
I checked my incubator this morning and the digital readout said 37 F. It was 24 hours since the last check. I tested the MR-148 before use by setting the temp and then unplugging it -- it saved the preset temperature. Anyway, incubation media was 39 and eggs were cold-cold to the touch. It is odd because when I cracked a chicken egg for breakfast from my regular fridge it was frozen solid -- omen. I can only imagine the worst for my 6 clutches of chameleon eggs. If you are feeling spiritual please pray for the little embryos.

Here is the only hope I can offer. When my quads eggs got wayyyyy to cold, the first clutch did not hatch. But the second clutch which was not as far along is the same nine little babies I have running around in tubs. All I can think is the cold temps did not affect the eggs that were not as developed. Good luck with yours.

Interesting Laurie. I was wondering about that. Are your babies sexed? Is so, how is the ratio? 2 clutches are due to hatch in August-September. Others are much more recent. I put the egg containers in an inch of hot water and the vermicultie warmed back up pretty quick. They are now back in the incubator but SHOULD I TRUST IT?

Thanks everyone for your support.

Hey, where'd my tag go?

Hmm hope the best for ya. 37 is still not at freeze, but who knows Im sure in the wild they may at odd times come across unusual cold snaps. Good luck, here in Colorado I just have to keep them in crawl space under house and temps are good till I heed to bring them up to summer temps for hatching. So luckily I dont need to rely on refrigeration.

Good luck I feel they will pull through, If it were Mammal I would say not so.

Interesting Laurie. I was wondering about that. Are your babies sexed? Is so, how is the ratio? 2 clutches are due to hatch in August-September. Others are much more recent. I put the egg containers in an inch of hot water and the vermicultie warmed back up pretty quick. They are now back in the incubator but SHOULD I TRUST IT?

Thanks everyone for your support.

Hey, where'd my tag go?
I an not even going to try and sex mine. I am going to post pictures and lrt people like Chuck & Luis sex them:D

They are Kinyongia multituburculatum some are from last August and the others are from January-February.

friggin frigid

I checked my incubator this morning and the digital readout said 37 F. It was 24 hours since the last check. I tested the MR-148 before use by setting the temp and then unplugging it -- it saved the preset temperature. Anyway, incubation media was 39 and eggs were cold-cold to the touch. It is odd because when I cracked a chicken egg for breakfast from my regular fridge it was frozen solid -- omen. I can only imagine the worst for my 6 clutches of chameleon eggs. If you are feeling spiritual please pray for the little embryos.

Dang, what a heart-stopper. I'm beaming good energy in the direction of those eggs.

Do you have any idea why the incubator might have malfunctioned? I ask because I'm about to buy one and your model is at the top of my list.

Back
Top Bottom